Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard both of these exhausts in person...what is the stark difference in sound. I've heard the corsa from the corsa sight and an old video of a gts going through a tunnel, but I haven't heard a borla. Any opinions would help.

·
Whatever
801 Posts
Borla is alittle deeper with alot more drone. I've had both a prefer the loud deep sound with Borla even though there is drone. The Borla gives lot of burping/popping on decelleration. It's all subjuctive. :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Borla sucks and is in the corner of my garage rusting. Corsa rocks and with High flow Cats OH My God!!!

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
Borla is HOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIBLE! go to www.corsaperf.com Their site is awesome and you can listen to all kinds of exhausts!

·
Whatever
801 Posts
Hey Hoosier, it's too bad we didn't have a chance to run against each other at the Texas Finals. I was looking forward to running against ya. So Cal Rebell was very dissapointed that you weren't able to make it. Although I never made it there as well. If you got the Borla sitting in the garage how much do you want for it?

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The Borla also has crappy tips. I had decided to go with the Corsa over Borla.....until I heard the B&B system. The crossover pipe really helps cut down on the drone.

A lot of guys will tell you the RT/10's are more forgiving in the drone dept. because we have a trunk, where as the GTS has on open trunk area and the sound/drone reflects off the hatch glass.

It really comes down to personal preference. If you look long enough, you will find people who hate each one. It all depends on what you want from your exhaust system. I have also driven an RT/10 with a custom rear muffler delete that had real nice tips and an H-pipe. It sounded sweet, not as load as aftermarket systems, but definately better than the stock sound.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I know you didn't ask, but I like the sound of the B&B exhaust the best. I've heard many Vipers with the various exhaust systems out there and the B&B sounds great. The Corsa exhaust is a little raspy for my liking.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Viperjohn said:
The Borla also has crappy tips. I had decided to go with the Corsa over Borla.....until I heard the B&B system. The crossover pipe really helps cut down on the drone.

A lot of guys will tell you the RT/10's are more forgiving in the drone dept. because we have a trunk, where as the GTS has on open trunk area and the sound/drone reflects off the hatch glass.

It really comes down to personal preference. If you look long enough, you will find people who hate each one. It all depends on what you want from your exhaust system. I have also driven an RT/10 with a custom rear muffler delete that had real nice tips and an H-pipe. It sounded sweet, not as load as aftermarket systems, but definately better than the stock sound.
VJ:

That's interesting. Can you give a few more details?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I am a new member. I own a viper performance parts business specializing in mopar performance parts for vipers, such as exhausts, diffs, roller rockers, oil pans, shocks, heads, etc. Check out my website, still in progress though. http://sintel.mine.nu/VPPI/index.html

This Months Special until Christmas

Borla Cat Back $950 Free Shipping

3.55 Differential $1250

All parts are brand new and come in the original unopened mopar box.

thanks

Kyle Batman
Viper Performance Parts Inc.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
viper performance said:
Hi guys, I am a new member. I own a viper performance parts business specializing in mopar performance parts for vipers, such as exhausts, diffs, roller rockers, oil pans, shocks, heads, etc. Check out my website, still in progress though. http://sintel.mine.nu/VPPI/index.html

This Months Special until Christmas

Borla Cat Back $950 Free Shipping

3.55 Differential $1250

All parts are brand new and come in the original unopened mopar box.

thanks

Kyle Batman
Viper Performance Parts Inc.

Are you here to contribute or just hock your wares? /images/graemlins/cursin

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thin man, no kidding...WTF?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hoosier Daddy said:
Borla sucks and is in the corner of my garage rusting. Corsa rocks and with High flow Cats OH My God!!!
Wow, I'm the complete opposite.In my opinion the 3" Corsa I had sounded like ambarrasing SHIT.My neighbour thought I was the UPS truck coming to make a delivery.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Apparently there is a new 4 muffler Borla system that has no drone if combined with an x or H pipe. Sean Roe had one on his. UPS sounds are common in Corsa systems, especially at idle. Hard for me to justify $1300+ for a cat-back but I'm starting to get tired of the ringing in the ears - I'm running cat-free with Belangers.

Getbit- I have the Corsa system on my Avalanche (5.3). Quiet as stock cruising around, but sounds more muscle-like than the Vette systems at WOT.

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
Prashant Patel has the Corsa (touring) on his Escalade and it sounds great. Very quiet at idle and cruising. Looks fantastic too.
Thanks Corn

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love my borla system. I think it sounds great. There is the popping on decel., but nothing I cant handle.

Chan

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I used to like the Corsa (its what I have) but I think I would prefer a B&B or Borla. Gives a little deeper sound and its just NASTIER sounding (but in a good way)....corsa is a bit raspy.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nathan, thanks, that was the best direct head's up comparison yet. Seems it boils down to what kind of sound you like, PERIOD. No comments about performance advantages etc. Price is friendlier with Borla, but what's a few hundred dollars to get what you really want (if you want corsa). Thanks for the input everyone. I'v yet to hear a B&B.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Makaha said:
Nathan, thanks, that was the best direct head's up comparison yet. Seems it boils down to what kind of sound you like, PERIOD. No comments about performance advantages etc. Price is friendlier with Borla, but what's a few hundred dollars to get what you really want (if you want corsa). Thanks for the input everyone. I'v yet to hear a B&B.
B&B headers/straight pipes is the absoute best sounding exhaust for a Viper, period.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts