Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying either Borla or Corsa ehaust for my 96 R/T 10. Which on do you think is better of the following, sounding and HP increase. If you have other brands of cat back systems please let me know. I had these two picked out because it seems as tho they are the most popular and easier to buy. Thanks for your imput.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Kingviper, I feel your pain, check out my thread that sgt. snatch put up, thanks snatch.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Makaha:
Can you tell me what you decided? It you go with the Borla, Corsa or the x set-up. It seems as tho I have an R/T 10 like you, so please let me know. I did chack out parts rack and have seen that you can buy the pieces for the x setup. Do you know anything about HP difference on the 3 setups?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The hp bump in the cat back alone is not as huge as the ads would lead you to believe. The real bump comes in using high-flow cats or jacking the cats completely. The tone of the two systems is different, but in a GTS, at least, the sound in the driver's compartment is not the same as what you hear outside. Generally, you will get a little more drone (the rpm at which the drone is worst will depend on whether you have headers, cats, etc.). I wouldn't stress about it too much - get the one with the exhaust tips you like best.

I have the Borla and Hennessey headers and with high flow cats it is loud as F*CK outside the car at WOT, but I'm used to it inside.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
I run a Borla with no cars on my '96 RT/10 and it sounds fantastic. Not quite by any stretch, so if that's what you're after I'd go Corsa. With the '96 computer and cam, the Borla with no cats is amazing.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool:
I am not into the quite stuff, isn't that the reason why we all drive Vipers...Is the no cats a different setup? I see most of the borlas with the cat system.
Thanks

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
Not a different system. I actually have a set of high flow cats and a set of straight pipes that are intechangable for in front of the Borla cat back system.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Everyone has their preferences , but we do alot of headers, and the Corsa keeps things in the tolerable range. I like loud, but headers with a Borla gets annoying to alot of folks. We have found that if you like to occasionally have a conversion with a passenger the Corsa is the way to go. With just catbacks and no headers, both are great, with the Borla being louder. You will be happy with either, and I prefer Corsa primarily due to good customer service and quality of materials --- seems silly when you can't see alot of the stuff. Just my humble opinion, and best of luck.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was told that buying high flow cat backs are a good addition and thinking about getting both at one time. So I know that it would make it louder. That is a very good point about headers and stuff. I know for a fact that I will not stop at the exhaust, and headers seems as tho it is a wise addition in the near future. I have seen some high flow cat backs at Parts Rack. They have 2- one rated for over 515HP and the other at below 515HP. Should I just buyer the higher rated one because not very long after I think I will be at 515HP?
Thanks for everyone's input.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
KingViper said:
I was told that buying high flow cat backs are a good addition and thinking about getting both at one time. So I know that it would make it louder. That is a very good point about headers and stuff. I know for a fact that I will not stop at the exhaust, and headers seems as tho it is a wise addition in the near future. I have seen some high flow cat backs at Parts Rack. They have 2- one rated for over 515HP and the other at below 515HP. Should I just buyer the higher rated one because not very long after I think I will be at 515HP?
Thanks for everyone's input.

515 x 2 = 1030

You planing on having over 1030HP? :devil:

I cat per cyl. bank :nod:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts