Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a fucking break from all of the bullshit from the home fire so I did the 3-day Grand Prix track course earlier this week. The car? Viper GT with the TA 2.0 pkg.

Results?

I have never tracked a car before so this is going to very bias...but holy fuck that was fun! Learned a lot...but what impressed me the most was what the Viper can do! My car had 12K miles on it, and you can bet they have been hard miles...and it never skipped a beat on the track. I sucked at the heal/toe shift but nailed everything else...and not once put it in the infield.

Thank God for a 4-point harness as the brakes on these cars are amazing. The first day my neck was a little sore from the G's in making some of the tight turns but after that it was fine. Hit every apex and made good lines building speed and confidence in each lap. Learned a lot of good stuff, and glad it was in a car that I wanted to drive.

The Vipers were going away at the end of May, and I has always wanted to do a HPDE course and being that it would have been in a Viper made it all the more to get it done before the car was gone. If you have never tracked a Viper you are missing out on the experience of that these are truly a race car for the streets. Every instructor said that they were going to miss these cars as they have been the best that they have ever used.

As for reliability? Only 1 failed shock on the whole fleet...otherwise bulletproof from what they have told me. I asked what happened to the cars once Dodge takes them back, and they said that they may just auction them.

Reactions: GTS Dean

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
Bondurant's is a superb driving school, lots of fun - but you will come away a bit sore.

·
Premium Member
7,894 Posts
I'm in phoenix now. My nephew is going to do the school. I bought it off a deal at SEMA. Sadly, my hand issues won't allow me to race. He's going to do the class. Was REALLY disappointed when I realized they switched everything over to hellcats. I wanted him to get the viper experience.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
You could share YOUR Viper for him to gain experience...

·
RMPL
21,674 Posts
I'm in phoenix now. My nephew is going to do the school. I bought it off a deal at SEMA. Sadly, my hand issues won't allow me to race. He's going to do the class. Was REALLY disappointed when I realized they switched everything over to hellcats. I wanted him to get the viper experience.
He can practice to drive yours. :)

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got an email today (since I have a 17 viper) that the viper was still available?

·
Premium Member
7,894 Posts
They have them on the back lot but you have specifically book that experience. When it was booked, it was vipers, they've since switched. You can see it on their site. I just picked him up before I fly out. He's talking non stop, loved it. Lot of heal toe stuff and class time. He has 3 more days to go. Glad he's enjoying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts