Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been busy moddin' off-season. Hope to do some road courses this year.
Over the past 2 months I put in the following:

1- Unitrax half shafts and safety loops. A cheater pipe over an 8mm open ended wrench made strap bolt removal almost too easy.
2- Optima red top battery. Bought at Costco 7335(?) Fit right in with 1/4 inch to spare even with the plastic cap on.
3- Rear diff drain plug. Went with 1/8 pipe thread plug.
4- Tow hooks. Just in case I need to winch the car onto the trailer I have yet to buy.
5- Corsa and Random Tech cats. Belangers with Roes were too loud for my old ears. Even extra Borlas in the sills with no cats was too much for me. I welded 3 bolt flanges on the Corsas to make it easy to swap out the cats just in case I need to get someone's attention.
6- Clear side markers. Poser mod but looks better on the Steel grey. Feat of accomplishment - installed with open end wrench with wheels pointed forward and front end still on car!
7- Battery disconnect swtich. Snake Oyl product. Got tired of charging battery in the winter months even tho I ran it once a month when no snow on the ground. Also has anti theft possibility since the "key" can be removed.
8- Floor mats. Got the nice plush tapestry ones in grey with ACR logo.
9- Side sill nutserts. Bought the rivet tool from NAPA. Put in the threaded inserts and now have stainless hardware holding the sills on with no more lost sheet metal screws to find my rear tires. Any Gateway guys that need it can borrow it.

Next in line are T&D's, StopTech big brakes, and radiator. I took the car to Roanoke today so that their Viper tech could put these in. I figure Mopar parts installed by a Dodge dealer would preserve my warrantee. Brakes are too important for me to install (especially since this was the first car I ever installed pads in). Anti-freeze needed changing anyway.

I left myself a BTR rollbar to install. Sounds like it could be easy or a nightmare. Will also put in the seat lowering kit and new 5 point harness.

Should be a fun year of Vipering! Did I overlook any other must-do mods?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to wait until the warrantee expires in 2007. Will have plenty of time to choose between turbo or supercharged. If road course action holds my interest, I may not go forced induction for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.