Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to spend 40+ K on a blue/white gts with reasonable miles. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't want to spend more than 43K if possible. I don't NEED one, I WANT one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't think you will find a quality one in that price range. We have not had a 96 for over a year, and I have never purchased a average mileage, up to snuff, 96 for the price you are looking for. I am not trying to dissuade you, as this is only an honest assessment of the market, and this 8 year old car is becoming somewhat difficult to find in satisfactory shape. Realistically, the car seems to have gotten stuck in the 45-51K range, and I see no reason why that will change - just a supply issue at this point in time. Just my humble opinion,but hopefully it is somewhat helpful to your search.

PS - No , we don't have any 96s!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, thanks, I know it's cheap, and I realize you kinda get what you pay for with this stuffl. Few and far between I know. A dose of reality is good. I would certainly settle for one that had a few miles on it in average condition. I'd consider paying 45 for one.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
there is an easy fixxer-upper on ebay for 20K could be done for under 40K

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
I don't think you will find a quality one in that price range. We have not had a 96 for over a year, and I have never purchased a average mileage, up to snuff, 96 for the price you are looking for. I am not trying to dissuade you, as this is only an honest assessment of the market, and this 8 year old car is becoming somewhat difficult to find in satisfactory shape. Realistically, the car seems to have gotten stuck in the 45-51K range, and I see no reason why that will change - just a supply issue at this point in time. Just my humble opinion,but hopefully it is somewhat helpful to your search.

PS - No , we don't have any 96s!
It's that fabulous color! Up until around 2000, people would say "oh, another blue/white GTS." Now they really appreciate it a lot more (as they should.)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Man I want that car!!!!

Has to wait unitl I get back now. :bawling:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toby, has it sold?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
craig, did that one on ebay sell?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
yeah the reserve was met at $20,100 No cracked pieces either, I think it was a great deal. I'll see if I can pull up the auction....

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well Toby,

When I get back, if your vehicle is still in your posession than I will be more than happier to take it off your hands.

And by the way that will be in cash as you like it. MONEY MONEY MONEY

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It sure did, it probably needs 12-15K to be put back to like new. Not a bad Viper for 35K if you can live with a salvage title.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts