Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hmmmm........41 minutes to go and it is in Elburn. Hey Paolo, can you go check out a car real quick for me. You got anything fast to drive right now. :thumb:

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
It just sold for 60,100.06 :thumb:

One heck of a bidding war too. Up 4K in a matter of minutes.

super clean low miles 96-99 forged piston GTS's are going up up up!

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Wow, 25 miles! I hope to God the new owner doesn't get on it with the original tires still on it. Beautiful car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am the lucky winner. I paid $3,100.06 more than I wanted to, but the temptation was just too great. I have a 2003 Black SRT-10 but I have always wanted a clean/unmolested 96 or 97 B&W GTS--just couldn't afford it back then. I figured this opportunity might never come again. I basically am getting a brand new car. The seller is a car collector just outside of Chicago. He tells me that he has cranked it and driven around his house every 6 weeks or so since he has bought it. Had 19 miles on it when he got it and now has 25. The tires and the oil in it are original, it has always been on a trickle charger and in a temperature/humidity controlled environment. I imagine the first thing I should do is change the oil, the belt, and the tires. Anyone else have any suggestions for me. I am f'in stoked right now!!! Gonna have a sweet weekend in Chicago with the wife this weekend...hotel sex and a new viper....wohooooooooo it doesnt get any better than that and remain legal does it.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Welcome! Damn nice place to start posting about your new Viper!

I would definetly do what you're going to do with the oil and tires. Remember, you're on freaking break-in miles on that thing, so take it real easy and when you get it back home take it to the nearest Viper Tech or reputable Viper tuner near you and let them look over the car to make sure it's in perfect shape and you're not due for replacement of hoses, coolant, lubrication, etc. That and I think you'll need to have the recalls done on it if it hasn't had them already.

Congrats on the mint car! Very, very cool.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Change ALL fluids including oil, transmission, rear end, brake fluid, clutch fluid, coolant, power steering etc.

Make sure the power steering cap is nice and tight.

Have a trusted Viper tech look the car over from top to bottom and check for leaks etc.

I would suggest a compression and leak down test as well on the motor just for peace of mind.

If you want to really have an all original car to sell someday...

When you change the belt and hoses...keep them.

Keep the original oil filter too

Change the tires but keep them. Seal each tire in an air tight plastic bag. They are most likely dried out anyway but it can't hurt.

Congrats on a VERY sweet GTS. Take some pics and post them when you get her home! :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I am taking it home in an enclosed trailer. Have a great tuner that actually live in my small town of 25K. He is going to change all of the fluids, belts, hose, tires, etc. for me. The first thing that will go on after that is the 3M clearbra/invisashield. Just bought some for my SRT-10 as well. Wish I had put it on when it was new. I put a corsa track system on my car a couple of weeks ago and couldnt believe the sandblasting--had to get the sills painted. This will be a car I plan on keeping forever anlong with the SRT-10. I have to say I love them both. I did not buy it to be a garage queen though, I will drive it and drag it every now and then.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
VNMOUS said:
Yes, I am taking it home in an enclosed trailer. Have a great tuner that actually live in my small town of 25K. He is going to change all of the fluids, belts, hose, tires, etc. for me. The first thing that will go on after that is the 3M clearbra/invisashield. Just bought some for my SRT-10 as well. Wish I had put it on when it was new. I put a corsa track system on my car a couple of weeks ago and couldnt believe the sandblasting--had to get the sills painted. This will be a car I plan on keeping forever anlong with the SRT-10. I have to say I love them both. I did not buy it to be a garage queen though, I will drive it and drag it every now and then.
Good for you! Would like to see more pics of how clean the car is when you get it home. Awesome car, for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.