Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys wondering if anyone has dealt with BJmotors? Is he a straight shooter about the cars he has for sale. Just wondering before I buy, thanks...

·
Premium Member
9,913 Posts
I bought from Bernie. He's priced in the upper range but he knows Vipers inside and out. He generally only takes in low mile and clean cars. I have no complaints about my car and I got what I paid for.

There have been a couple people who had issues with him lately over this or that (myself being one of them - pm me if you want details). Having said that, most any used car dealer will have a flaw or two. Kind of comes with the territory.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Bj..........................lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
I bought from Bernie. He's priced in the upper range but he knows Vipers inside and out. He generally only takes in low mile and clean cars. I have no complaints about my car and I got what I paid for.

There have been a couple people who had issues with him lately over this or that (myself being one of them - pm me if you want details). Having said that, most any used car dealer will have a flaw or two. Kind of comes with the territory.
Everything in the first paragraph holds true for me.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm more interested in if he sells shit cars. Cars that have issues, and doesn't disclose what's wrong. Price I can negotiate....

·
Banned
915 Posts
Well I'm more interested in if he sells shit cars. Cars that have issues, and doesn't disclose what's wrong. Price I can negotiate....
No matter who you buy from you must do your due diligence. Do not buy sight unseen, have someone from this site or where ever check it out for you if you are too far away. ALWAYS insist it get a through PPI with specific things checked that YOU want and never by the selling dealer.
I despise used car salesmen as much as I do real-estate agents but sometimes you have to use them to get the car you want.

PS: If your looking for a 2014 GTS or any Viper check the classified here.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I've bought four new Vipers from Bernie all of which have been shipped up here to NY and have no complaints with him. I don't think he would deliberately sell a faulty vehicle to anyone new or used. You have to do your homework, come in with a realistic price and be prepared to buy. Bernie is not going to make twenty counter offers to make the sale he will just move on. Bernie will NOT hold your hand like some dealers do. If you need help and guidance you are at the wrong dealer. He doesn't want to be your pretend "buddy" like some dealers bullshit. If you're ready to buy and you're offering realistic pricing make the offer and tell them you're ready to buy right now no more haggling. Usually works.

I can't speak to others experiences only mine.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys I'm am flying in to inspect the car next week. I will have it taken to the dealer for inspection also...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bought my twin turbo Viper from Bernie a little over a year ago. Had a few issues that I found out about after I got the car. He paid for the parts and I did the labor to correct the issue.

I'd been watching his website for a few years waiting for the right Viper (for me) to show up. Overall things went well but I think I was told some things that they said they did they didn't do.

·
Banned
915 Posts
I've bought four new Vipers from Bernie all of which have been shipped up here to NY and have no complaints with him. I don't think he would deliberately sell a faulty vehicle to anyone new or used. You have to do your homework, come in with a realistic price and be prepared to buy. Bernie is not going to make twenty counter offers to make the sale he will just move on. Bernie will NOT hold your hand like some dealers do. If you need help and guidance you are at the wrong dealer. He doesn't want to be your pretend "buddy" like some dealers bullshit. If you're ready to buy and you're offering realistic pricing make the offer and tell them you're ready to buy right now no more haggling. Usually works.

I can't speak to others experiences only mine.
4???? I guess the BJ in BJ motors has a special meaning to you,lol I thought you sold your last ACR because you did not trust ALL the QC issues especially the engines???

·
Banned
915 Posts
Bought my twin turbo Viper from Bernie a little over a year ago. Had a few issues that I found out about after I got the car. He paid for the parts and I did the labor to correct the issue.

I'd been watching his website for a few years waiting for the right Viper (for me) to show up. Overall things went well but I think I was told some things that they said they did they didn't do.
Did they pay you for your time to install said parts? They are no different then any other used car stealership..

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
Did they pay you for your time to install said parts? They are no different then any other used car stealership..
Seriously ? I'm willing to bet you don't know the details

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
4???? I guess the BJ in BJ motors has a special meaning to you,lol I thought you sold your last ACR because you did not trust ALL the QC issues especially the engines???
What does BJ have to do with the Mfg engine issues ? He bought a new car. Seriously, shut the fuck up

Reactions: intense5.5

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Seems like ICPrey might be the next "T-Minus 30 Days" type rant thread. Let's get it started and get to 65 pages...quickly. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts