Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boostaholic
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and what a great site this is /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had these drag radials for 5 months now but never installed them .. they should be on the car tomorrow .. and I am wondering what psi to keep them at for street driving and whats the best psi for drag racing.. thanks guys

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
For SAFE driving on the street I would keep them up around 28 psi, I would be more concerned with going around a corner safer than I would traction in a straight line. Plus with some heat in them and the surface of most streets they will hook just fine. I don't drive mine on the street, so that is just my opinion.

As far as the track, drop them to NO MORE than 15 psi HOT and you will hook like a motha.... I am assuming we are talking Vipers and possibly 18' drag radials. Just roll though the water and spin them over once you are out. Be sure to get plenty of heat in them initially and you will be good to go.

ps - Welcome and where are you from? /images/graemlins/wave.gif

·
Boostaholic
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks J Dawg !!
Yeah they are 18' and for a viper... i have a 2000 rt/10 and i am from boston.. i ll be sure to add all the info into my profile ... thanks again

·
Registered
468 Posts
From what I hear they hook like mad...
Might want to upgrade the Half-Shafts.
Thats my plan.

Jason

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I cant use drag radials since im running 19" rims. Ive considered getting a set of 18" HRE's for the rears and doing the drag radials. Im with J Dawg here, you want to run 28-30 psi on the street and about 15psi at the track. Do a decent burnout and youll hook right up. If you havnet upgraded your halfshafts, you will probably break them with the slightest hint of wheelhop.

·
Boostaholic
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What half shafts do you guys recommend ?? Thanks again

·
Boostaholic
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
never mind i just saw the other thread about the halfshafts :>

·
Registered
806 Posts
I ran 6 passes during the weekend and 5 of the 6 ranged from 1.52-1.54 60' time. They hook hard on a properly prepped track. I don't know if I could do much better with et streets. Don't get over zealous about doing any high speed runs or road courses because you will be in trouble.

I use them as everyday driving tires. They don't last too long either but there is really no alternative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts