Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not seeing any easy way to route a vac/boost line through the firewall to my new gauge, any ideas?
And best spot to splice into the dash lights for the boost gauge lighting?
Thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a grommet on the driver's side inside the fender. You have to take the fender liner out to get to it.
View attachment 152057
I saw that beside the brake booster, but it appears that removing that fender liner is no easy task unless I am missing something. Appears the hood hinge, fuse box, clutch reservoir, outer fender all have to come off to get it off.
Contemplating just drilling a hole between the brake and clutch rods and putting a grommet there and feeding everything from inside the car to outside, and fishing it out from below the brake booster then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TaaDaa! I took a mirror and looked at the grommet proedge mentioned, it is tucked a few inches inside that fender liner, I could see the top half was clear of any wires.
Took a 2ft piece of thick solid copper wiring, sharpened one end very sharp, then used a pair of needle nose pliers and the sharp end of the wire, holding the wire about 1.5 inches up from the end, and punched the wire through the grommet in the area clear of the main harness. Had to coat the wire with WD-40 so it would slide through easily.
Connected the vac tube to the end of the wire once inside the cabin and pulled it back through!
Hand Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Thumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts