Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best tires to use on my genII with the stock 17in rims?
the BF ta looks good but dont come in our size. Need something to use street or track.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are Khumo's good at the drag track? what kind 60fts could I be looking at?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Chuck, could you elaborate about Michelins and Viper Days? Isn't it correct that you can run Kumhos at Viper Days, just not as part of the Viper Racing League? So, if you want decent traction, you can have it, as long as you don't want to compete? I think that's how they explained it to me when I called them up.
I can't imagine having to run Pilot Sports on the rear after having Kumhos on there. /images/graemlins/sad

·
Registered
383 Posts
Heck, call Vilven Tire and get the same tire the Comp Coupes are running in the World Challenge Series. They last longer than Kumhos, are really quick on the track and will last alot better on the street.

Their number is ........1-800-251-0017 and tell them you want them full tread.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've never been a track guy so trying to learn something on this thread. So are we talking about track or auto x tires? Aren't they different? I'm looking for slicks for the track or maybe drag radials. Any suggestions? I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
You can run any tire you wish at Viper Days but your time will not be scored unless you are on Michelins.

Edretti, are you talking track (road course) or dragstrip?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Toyo RA-1s, and they come in 335 and 275/18 sizes. This is what the Comp Coupes are running, and having had alot of experience with these tires on my midget racecar, I can tell you they are a super strong track tire. I am just cheap, too, and like the wearability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts