Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know what my options were for fitment onto a set of 17" rears? I am pretty sure the bfg are only for 18"? Anyone know what will work (and still be street legal?) Remember the rim width..
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Well, you should be able to get some BFG's in 17". They also make a MT ET Street in a 17" now, but I think they'd be to big for a Viper rear wheel. Might fit on a front though.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm.. i have tried kumhos and it seems when they heat up they turn greasy?? I would try and launch with hot kumhos and i would spin for 15 feet before hooking it seemed.. damn

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
I ran my car on ET streets (17") and they hooked well relative to the track. I figured to spin them running NA but actually was able to launch up around 4K RPM in order not to bog.

Not sure about drag radials. I am looking into what to get myself at the track.

When I ran Nitrous the ETs spun out of the hole right off idle.....

·
RMPL
21,892 Posts
Carl what pressure were you running? I can drop the clutch at 4000 rpm at the strip without spinning them with full nitrous and the tires at 14 lbs. The time I forgot to drop the pressure I got wheel hop.

Road kill look at:
http://mickeythompsontires.com/strip.html
The biggest in 17" is 275, but these are supposed to grip well. Call or e-mail their help line, they are willing to talk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts