Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better the xenon plasma white headlamp bulbs, or PIAA super white bulbs. I was about to order, but wanted to see who had which.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
i have the xenon plasma white in my truck and love them but im gonna look into that HID stuff soon as a replacement for the viper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
HID is the way to go. Better lighting and less heat. The bulbs going dimmer after time. Heat from the plasma and piaa bulbs slowly makes the lens yellow and foggy. Plus some melt your wiring harness. If you guys are interested I have a friend who can get them for $315 a set. I have gotten 4 sets totally from him for my cars. HID is a must for my all my cars. The catch is your have to order at least 5 for that price. I am in need of another set so if i can get 4 more who wants them, then we can all get lucky. Let me know all interested.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
J. Nguyen said:
HID is the way to go. Better lighting and lest heat. The bulbs going dimmer after time. Heat from the plasma and piaa bulbs slowly makes the lens yellow and foggy. Plus some melt your wiring harness. If you guys are interested I have a friend who can get them for $315 a set. I have gotten 4 sets totally from him for my cars. HID is a must for my all my cars. The catch is your have to order at least 5 for that price. I am in need of another set so if i can get 4 more who wants them, then we can all get lucky. Let me know all interested.
Can you get them for anything else besides the Viper?

·
Registered
323 Posts
J. Nguyen said:
HID is the way to go. Better lighting and less heat. The bulbs going dimmer after time. Heat from the plasma and piaa bulbs slowly makes the lens yellow and foggy. Plus some melt your wiring harness. If you guys are interested I have a friend who can get them for $315 a set. I have gotten 4 sets totally from him for my cars. HID is a must for my all my cars. The catch is your have to order at least 5 for that price. I am in need of another set so if i can get 4 more who wants them, then we can all get lucky. Let me know all interested.

Interested... which brand?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The brand I get is McColluch. The first set I got from online was trash. Then I found this place near me called Nu Image Autosports and they get the same McCulloch brand but is way better quality. The one I got online lasted 7-8 months and then they told me the warranty expired. Nu Image sold it to me with a one year warranty but I have had no problems for the last 2 yrs on my sets. If you guys are interested pm and and we can get a group buy going. 5 set min. order or else $350 a set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
McCulloch is a great brand. i have had them in my truck for almost 1 yr now.. they flicker once in a while, but i think its due to the connections... not as tight, since they wiggle slightly out sometimes... or its an issue of getting the 90K volts to ignite the bastards...

but overall, they are awesome! i was thinkin of a new set as well for my bike..

J. Nguyen: are they still selling the kit in which the ballast and ignitors are seperate? the new technology is where both are integrated into one unit. if it is a single unit, i may be interested...

Aj

·
Registered
39 Posts
Burb when you say ballast and ignitor separate what do you mean? Do you mean ballast and bulb? If you are refering to the new D2S setup then no they haven't changed. I wouldn't recommend D2S because of fitment issues. My friend got a set of those and it was a pain in da @ss to get it to fit. I haven't had any flicker problems in any of my cars. I notice when the viper hits a bump the headlamp jumps alittle but its not the light because I asked my bro to drive in front of me to see if it flickers. If anyone is interested pm me. I have 3 set total (including myself)already. need 2 more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.