Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had Belanger headers and r/t cats(ceramic) installed...my impressions...

I have a Corsa 3" cat back, with the cross over tube.

The idle sound is much better...louder and deeper/raspier...can even notice a slight lumpy cam at idle...

Decell is awesome...loud snaps/pops...

3000 rpms and WOT up to redline...Very Loud and the Performance SOP gain is Impressive...

Cruising on highway...much "quieter" than before, and runs MUCH cooler on side sills and inside cockpit...heat shields on Headers.

Better and smoother throttle response!

Upon startup in the garage, I used to see condensate "dripping" out of the 4" chrome tips, Now It SPRAYS out 2 feet! That should tell you something.

Will get sound files and videos soon!

Very Pleased!!! Sorry I didn't do it sooner!

TT or S/C next! :nod:

Dave

2002 GTS FINAL EDITION #338

K/N Filters,Smooth Tubes,Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, Belanger Headers, R/T High Flow Cats, MGW Gripper, Snake-Oyl Mats!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cruising on highway...much "quieter" than before, and runs MUCH cooler on side sills and inside cockpit...heat shields on Headers.
So are you saying that it's actually quieter when cruising at 1,XXX rpm's? I love a loud car, but then I love my music too. Power + high rpm WOT sound + quiet cuise = time to bust out my wallet (maybe /images/graemlins/smiles). Care to elaborate any further? /images/graemlins/dude2

·
Registered
74 Posts
2BADD,

Congrats on the new system. Sounds like you're pretty happy with the set up. I can't see much sense in going the TT route, because you won't be able to use those brand new Belanger headers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LameGTS said:
So are you saying that it's actually quieter when cruising at 1,XXX rpm's? I love a loud car, but then I love my music too. Power + high rpm WOT sound + quiet cuise = time to bust out my wallet (maybe /images/graemlins/smiles). Care to elaborate any further? /images/graemlins/dude2
Yep, the 5th. and 6th. gear cruising speeds...65-75 mph, are quieter than before. I had heard this before, and it is true. Better throttle response too. I enjoy the music too. I really thought the combo would be much louder than it is. It is perfect for me. I could always remove the cats if I want it any louder. But under WOT, it sounds awesome! Nice top end SOP improvement also. I am sorry I didn't do it earlier. From 3K rpms to redline, it sounds awesome...like a funny car...I would have to say that in a topless RT10...the exhaust tone would be a bit more louder. But in the coupe with the windows down, it sounds great.:thumb:

Dave /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ARMORGOD said:
2BADD,

Congrats on the new system. Sounds like you're pretty happy with the set up. I can't see much sense in going the TT route, because you won't be able to use those brand new Belanger headers.

ARMORGOD, Thanks, Yea , I already talked to John Hennessey about that. My TT or DLM S/C is a hard decision, as I see what Moundirs GTS runs like now. The Belangers would sell on this site in 10 minutes. I needed the car louder and now she sounds like she should. :nod:

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts