Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a battery tender which can run multiple vehicles? With all my trips out of town lately, the Viper sometimes goes for two or two and a half weeks without being driven. If the alarm was on when it was parked, that's enough to drain it down where it can't start (although it isn't dead... takes a lotta juice to turn over that 488).

Also, our motorcycles tend to die very quickly, and my wife isn't much for riding in the cold.

It just seems kind of silly to have to buy three separate tenders, and it seems like an obvious product, but short of professional shop equipment that service something like 10 to 15 batteries at once (and costs over $500) I haven't been able to find anything.

Anybody know of such a device?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think that Deltran has a four bank battery tender for about $250, maybe less if ordered through the internet. It's four individual tender units packed into one case.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. I found the one you're talking about for $240, that seems to be about the best price going.

I wonder... shouldn't it be possible to connect several batteries in parallel and run them off a single battery tender? Can somebody who knows "that there 'lectronics stuff" comment? I know just enough to blow stuff up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
Thanks Mike. I found the one you're talking about for $240, that seems to be about the best price going.

I wonder... shouldn't it be possible to connect several batteries in parallel and run them off a single battery tender? Can somebody who knows "that there 'lectronics stuff" comment? I know just enough to blow stuff up.
I bought my Battery Tender off of Ebay for a little over $20. Why don't you just buy 4 of them, rather than overpay $240?

·
Registered
165 Posts
BTW, running them in parallel wouldn't make sense. The battery tender is supposed to read when your battery is full... how would that work with four batteries? If the battery tender didn't shut off, you'd have a few overcooked batteries!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts