Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to be on here a long time ago (Chipster - don't remember password and linked email is no longer accessible) had a red 97 GTS. Sold that and had a 91 Diablo for almost 7 years, then an 05 Gallardo, and more recently a 72 Pantera in the last couple years. Missed the Viper though and just picked up a 94 RT/10.

Couple of issues I need to resolve. I need to paint or wrap thev back of the seats and they look pretty worn. I do people usually paint or wrap them or what?
Second is that the turn signals don't work. Switch seems functional but no dash idiot light and no lighting of the bulb. However the hazards work (switch, dash idiot lights flash,, and bulbs). Anyone had this happen? I assume it's the switch stalk or that connector harness off the top of my head.

·
Gone Nomad
6,153 Posts
Post Pantera pics!!!

Would love to know your experience. I have always loved that car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post Pantera pics!!!

Would love to know your experience. I have always loved that car.
I found it to be a cool mix of feel between the Diablo and Viper. It has a lot of electronics upgrades, EFI, push button start, Wilwood brakes, wheels, suspension, etc. Fairly easy to wrench on. Great support group like Viper too.

·
Gone Nomad
6,153 Posts
One of my absolute dream cars along with the 63 corvette grand sport. I think it may be a bit out of my reach as I clock in at 6'4" 265...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of my absolute dream cars along with the 63 corvette grand sport. I think it may be a bit out of my reach as I clock in at 6'4" 265...
I think there are some seat lowering kits that might work. I'm 5'11 200 and feel pretty comfy. I guess it would depend on your torso. This Viper with the roof on, I feel like Andre the Giant.

·
Premium Member
19,102 Posts
I would just paint the back of the seats flat black, easy repair, easy to touch up

·
Registered
23,021 Posts
Absolutely love the pantera. Been learning up on them lately. Welcome back

·
Sexist
43,871 Posts
The turn signal is called a multi-function switch. I replaced mine and it cured a couple issues (I don't recall exactly) and after replacing it revealed a rear light short issue. A car that old it shouldn't hurt to replace it. They aren't expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The turn signal is called a multi-function switch. I replaced mine and it cured a couple issues (I don't recall exactly) and after replacing it revealed a rear light short issue. A car that old it shouldn't hurt to replace it. They aren't expensive.
I did find one off ebay. I hope it is that and you're right, it was only $40 or so. I'll probably install by next weekend.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Reactions: Chipster5

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
What are you flying?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Reactions: Chipster5