Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have heard no problem with the B&B headers from each viper tech I talk too. Both sugest using the stock heat sheilds anyway (if coated) to be safe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran a set for 8 months, never had anything melt, except for the side sill because they had a faulty design that broke unnecessary hangers they had installed on the cat back. They are a good header, just quality control seems to be a real issue on some sets. Good Luck, I am hope they work well for you.

Jon

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
David Weaver at Maxwell Dodge appears to be having some difficulty with ViperSpray's B&B headers. Spray has posted on a different thread about a leakage problem where the tubes come into the merge.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
I used the B&B's for a few years. The quality stated off good but eventually went down hill as production increased. We ended up spending so much time fixing their headers we decided we were better off just going back to making them in house. They are a pretty good header over all. The 2 biggest areas to watch for are how tight / loose the primary tubes slip into the collectors as this can be an area of major exhaust leakage. The other area is how well or poorly they build / design the 3 in. tube that comes off the collector and goes out towards the exhaust. This area can be a problem for both fitment and long term durability.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have stainless steel tri y headers that will do awsome on blown applictation they are 1 3/4 with no stepping so the don't lean out at 3400 rpm like Belanger. This is what I have on my own car. No leakage, use the factory heat shields and vht paint them with aluminum color for an awsome look. No worries about Jet hot coatings pealing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.