Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody asked me to see the tips on a B&B exhaust. Here ya go.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/726113-1367_IMG-med.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/726113-1371_IMG-med.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/726113-1372_IMG-med.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smokin said:
That exhaust plate is BADASS, where did you get it?
Thanks, RSI custom made it for some guy on the morque. He never used it so I picked it up from him.

I ditched the supplied screws and used some polished buttom heads. Then I started with 400 grit, then 600, then 1200 grit sand paper, sanded the shit out of it, then polished it. Its aluminum, not stainless like the one on ebay.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smokin said:
They sell that plate on Ebay? Where? Link?
Someone is making their own stainless steel version. Its been on ebay before for around $150. I beleive he posts on the morque. I'll see if I can find him.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,767 Posts
thats a nice GTS you got there. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

That exhaust looks sweet.

:nod:

·
Registered
458 Posts
How much do they sell the plate for. I was thinking of having my production department fab a couple. Could do a group run if there is enough interest. Of courese, all we use is t304 stainless - so either #2 finish or polished would have to be decided. #2 finish is no maintenance. Polish is well...you guys no enough about polishing to know if you want any more.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
If youre having your production guys make one, Im in. 304 is fine, just make sure that the it fits right, and Id take one polished.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wouldn't aluminum be better for heat protection rather than stainless?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Allright then, next Wed. when I have the Viper on the lift for HF cats, I'll have my CAD engineer take some measurements. I'll let you guys know cost, hardware, etc. Do you guys want as many screws holding it on as in the pic?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the one from the VCA.
[image]http://www.members.aol.com/hirschjr/1exht.jpg[/image]

It looks like it fits a little different. Looks like thicker material.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
If you make it, make it out of a material THINNER than the material pictured in the second set of pictures. That material seems so thick that it has trouble contouring to the shape of the rear bumper. I also like the look of MORE screws on SIMMS car than on the second set of pics. As far as Stainless or Aluminum, I dont really care either way....if the stock paint has held up this long, Im sure that either is adequate. Its just more of a poser cosmetic upgrade.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Would also look better if the outside corner radius more closely matched the inside corner radius, but not the same radius. Looks out of proportion there.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sixteen SS screws it is, 18 ga. stainless in polish. I'll get back to you guys next week. You are right, thinner looks and contours better, and the 16 screws look racier. Major bling bling/poser points, but it does dress-up the opening and brings more attention to the exhaust tips, IMHO.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its hard to tell in my pics, but the lower horizontal peice (the horizontal part of the shield towards the bottom of the exhaust) is wider than the upper peice. You may want to make the upper peice a little wider too, almost like the lood of Hennessey's diffuser on is packages.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Dimensionally, I think it should be a "squared" opening with radiused corners. By squared, I mean the top & bottom runs are the same, and the left & right runs are the same. Yes, of course it will actually be a rectangle. This is what you are referring to, right?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Simms what do you use on your tips?

I have B&B the same as yours, but my tips look bad. Especially compared to yours.
Mine have brown stains and look like shit.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FlyBryViper said:
Dimensionally, I think it should be a "squared" opening with radiused corners. By squared, I mean the top & bottom runs are the same, and the left & right runs are the same. Yes, of course it will actually be a rectangle. This is what you are referring to, right?
Ya thats it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.