Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend went with me to check out a Viper, and he's in love with them. He really wants to get one someday. Problem is that he is in a wheelchair and can only drive with hands controls. Ever heard of anyone putting an automatic on the viper, or would it be a big hassle?

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
I know of 1 Viper that has been done for this purpose (I believe the guy has one arm). From what I know, it works very well for him.

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of tranny you think this was?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I was at the NMEDA show in Dallas and there was a 6 speed GTS there with hand controls. Supposedly no foot input is needed at all and the driver/owner autocrosses the car. The clutch was an electric unit actuated on the shifter I believe. I was very impressed.

Try contacting them at:

National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association
11211 N. Nebraska Avenue, Suite A-5
Tampa, Florida 33612
Phone: (800) 833-0427
(813) 977-6603
Fax: (813) 977-6402
[email protected]

Chad

·
Registered
791 Posts
it was a 700R4 tranny he used i believe....Len

·
Registered
791 Posts
i know it was beefed..but i've seen those trannys take alot stock!!...but there's alot of hopups for that trans out there....Len

·
Registered
130 Posts
The SRT 10 Ram pace trucks have an automatic in them (because of NASCAR regulations). The new quad cab version of the SRT 10 Ram will have an automatic also. I don't know if they can cram a truck transmission into a Viper car, but they've got experience with automatics on the V10 now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
TH200 comes the closest to fitting without cutting inter frame rails.
It's a GM trans used in Buick GNs. Originally light duty but the GN crowd has made it work with 1000HP.
I Think HMS has a kit to use this unit with a special flywheel and adapter plate. Any Mopar trans is to big for the tunnel and requires major surgery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.