Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Camel Farmer
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 2000 GTS, basically stock except smooth tubes, open exhaust and K&N's developed a slight noise like a lifter or bearing two weeks ago. I took the car to Gary Barbara Dodge in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the engine is getting pulled and sent to Arrow for a rebuild or whatever tomorrow from what they told me. I told them I would be interested in getting some upgrades done since the R&R is on Chrysler's dime. I will get Arrow's phone # tomorrow, but anyone have any advice on this? Like if it is a lifter problem, should I only pay for the new cam and lifters and no labor?

I just need any advice as I would not mind spending about $5,000 for an extra 120 HP or so in the way of porting, bigger cam and lifters, rockers or whatever. I am having my free flow cats installed now from Sean Roe at the same time, so my car should be breathing well and a bigger cam and porting or whatever should be kewl to have on my pretty much daily driver GTS. Any constructive advice or experiences with Arrow are appreciated so I don't get rooked on price between Arrow and or my dealer I am using.

THANK YOU!!!

Gary [email protected] Email me directly if that is easier and TY!

·
Banned
26,037 Posts
Arrow will not modify your motor, it goes to completely stock. They will replace you cam & lifters with stock parts as well as water & oil pump, any valves that need replacing plus much, much more but with stock parts. They will do all the dyno & leak down tests and return it better then new. Have your Viper towed back to you house while Arrow is doing their thing.

·
Camel Farmer
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:pissed: OMFG, then why did my dealer say they would modify it for me for extra loot?!?!? I NEED MORE SPEED, the f**King car is WAY TOO SLOW for my tastes even with my little mods.... Crying.... /images/graemlins/blah

TY for the feedback though, now I don't know what to expect...

·
Camel Farmer
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
18,100 miles, but I am the second owner on it and I got it with 9,100 miles in September 2003.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Your subject header is misleading. The way I read the post's header was that Arrow did a poor rebuild. Glad I read the post and was corrected! An arrow rebuild around here and the Morgue is always viewed as a GOOD/Great Thing!

Jay K.

·
Camel Farmer
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really sorry about that to everyone. Arrow has not even touched my motor as yet. Was looking for advice on the rebuild before it got there as I was told I could get some upgrades while it was apart. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
??

Details of a past experience gone bad? or You got a Tricked out motor that was done by a tuner?

·
Whatever
788 Posts
Caldwell did the GTSR motors. So Cal is right. Arrow will return a 100% stock motor. Even if you turn in a motor that has non factor parts you will get back a 100% stock motor. You need to have a chat with your dealer. Remember, they do the warranty work. If they upgrade a motor then it's not considered stock and the warranty will not be honored. An Arrow rebuild is a good thing as their tolerances and finish are "said" to be better than from the factory. I have a 98 VRL car with a stock Arrow rebuild and the car dynos 26 HP greater than my stock 97 GTS with no rebuild. Both cars are within 2K miles on the odometer. Just my $.02 /images/graemlins/smiles

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Arrow will modify your engine, but the warranty on any modifications they make will then be through Arrow, and not Dodge (which probably isn't a bad thing). A guy I know (used to post here as Slithrn) needed a rebuild, and at the same time he had them do a whole bunch of internal work. I don't know the details about how he got that work done, but I do know he had to talk to them directly. You can't go through the dealer to get this done.

·
Camel Farmer
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is Arrow's telephone #? I was told to contact them, but they have no damn # on their website?!?!? I need to order stuff now, but trying to get their phone # is like pulling teeth..... TY! Gary

·
Registered
26 Posts
Arrow sucks,

I would not trust those dumb mother fuckers to rebuild my lawn mower. The dumb shit's will not return a phone call. If they were the last engine builder on the earth I would not use them even for free !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Call me if you want more details.
512 249-9402

·
Registered
26 Posts
Arrow sucks,

I would not trust those dumb mother fuckers to rebuild my lawn mower. The dumb shit's will not return a phone call. If they were the last engine builder on the earth I would not use them even for free !!!!!!!!!!!!

Call me if you want more details.
512 249-9402

·
Camel Farmer
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got new motor put in, that will be a HUGE POST as the dealer damaged my car and did not do things correctly, stuff leaked, et cetera. Will post pics and write a novel on it, but suing for approx. $16,000 so I do not want to elaborate as yet.

My question is my motor has approx 50 miles on it and I have seen gray/blackish smoke out the back and probably the exhaust twice already after running it a bit. The only things I can think of is a little oil going past the rings OR a computer problem, but the light enver came on OR it is crap in the exhaust buring off (I DID have new high flow ROE cats installed) but I don't think it is that. I cannot take it back to that dealer, so I should start a new service issue maybe at a different dealership. Any ideas? Oh yes, I have the 708 Comp Coupe cam now too, so maybe my computer is wigging out with that and occassionally is edjusting...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.