Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
20,180 Posts
Not me, would like to hear about the problems though.

· STALKED
4,470 Posts
Unless you contracted with Arrow directly, i.e. a VRL or Comp Coupe race motor rebuild/refresh, you need to work with your dealer. They don't have a bunch of customer service folks - they have technicians and each phone call only makes the process slower.

They do good work, but turnaround time is a factor - just based on the unpredictable nature of when motors come back and the 2004 truck and car issues.

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Arrow has always been overly helpful to me. If you are going to bash them, at least tell us what is going on.

· Registered
5,769 Posts
I am a dealer and have never had a problem with them. Todd has always been exceedingly helpful and always returned my calls in a timely fashion. This may be a subjective opinion because we are both in the car/engine fixing biz and understand how busy things can get. Unfortunately, during busy times things get crazy and it is hard to return calls as promptly as we would like. It does not sound like this is the real issue though. If there is a real issue, sounds like there is, let us know and I'm sure there is a solution. But blindly bashing a fellow vendor just does not sit well. Just let us all know what the deal is.

· Latest JEDI Weapon!
527 Posts
Arrow has always done TOP NOTCH work with GREAT SERVICE whenever I needed anything from them.

Tom

· Schadenfreude Connoisseur
10,474 Posts
If youre going to come on here and say something is wrong, SAY IT! Dont be a chicken shit and post something, hint around, and then not tell us. What the fuck is that going to do for anyone?

· Focus!
4,913 Posts
The ONLY thing I've EVER seen from Arrow Racing is that the motors come back consistently STRONGER than they did when they got there.

Are you high?

· Registered
109 Posts
Todd at Arrow has been nothing but awesome to me and my dealer...maybe somebody there had a bad day. I hope that was the case, because I can't think of anything but good to say about all of them there.
Joe

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First of all my engine was sent to Arrow to have it built to be a blower motor with forged internals. They were instructed to build my engine to a 9.1-9.2 compression ratio, key the crank, and use the blower cam that Sean Roe recommended. David gave them the CC of the heads, flow rate and written information to build my engine to. The spec sheet David sent them included keying the crank. With that information they would build the engine. When I received my engine, David Weaver was tuning the car it kept detonating. Two hours into tuning the harmonic balancer spun off! When David called Arrow to find out what happened Arrow told David they did not key the crank. I personally talked to Arrow and told them to make sure they key the crank and David did the same multiple times. When David and I reviewed the bill before it had $120 for crank advance? Arrow response was David told them he was in a hurry and he would key the crank himself? David says he never told Arrow that for my engine. I can accept this as miscommunication. When I reviewed the bill it did not have keying of the crank on it. In the big picture cannot blame Arrow for that one.

Now the big one. About 1.5 months goes by between Dodge and Arrow and me deciding who is going to pay for the new crank. Dodge steps up and Arrow gives a discounted price on a new crank. David installs the crank and starts tuning the car. The car will not stop detonating. David checks everything, fuel system, different blower, timing, racing fuel. Nothing will stop the detonation. David asks for the specs on the engine and asks Arrow to verify what compression ratio. Arrow refuses to respond to David and will not send any information about the engine build. I called and asked what compression ratio they built the engine to. No response. I called and asked for Bill Hancock, no response. I called very politely for 2 weeks and no one from Arrow would even return a phone call to me or David. Finally they sent David specs, but left out all the compression ratio information. David measured all of the tolerances and it turned out the motor was built to approximately 11-11.5 compression ratio. Now David is calling to Arrow and Arrow refuses to talk to David. Nor will Arrow even talk to the paying customer. When David looked at the pistons there was uneven wear around the rings. Finally my motor was sent to RSI to have it rebuilt again. When RSI picked up my engine they refused to take the $1000 dollar rods that Arrow picked out for my engine. RSI said the rods were junk and they should have cost $400 maximum, not $1000. RSI took a look at the bore job and pistons and told us that there was too large of a gap and the engine was not built correct. Also RSI confirmed that the compression ration was not built to 9.1.

I paid Arrow $8500 built me a blower motor and when they screwed up no one would even return a phone call. My biggest issue Is Bill not even having the courtesy to return a phone call. I was never rude or raised my voice when I left messages. When I leaving messages I am not talk about leaving voice mails on a machine. The guy who answers the phone gave Bill the messages. He finally told me Bill will not call me back????????????

Most people in the Viper community know David Weaver as one of the best Viper techs. Ask him his option of Arrow!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.