Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ARH 1 3/4 headers does anyone have a set installed on their GEN 2 car ? Both headers I have look identical, ARH said to install the header with the tag on it on the passenger side. Also I went to install the passenger side collector and it hits in 3 places without the gasket installed, and the O2 bung is welded on the back side towards the rear of the car. No way will the O2 extension reach it. Drivers side is facing forward and looks like it will be ok. also just installed new motor mounts.

Landscaping Professional
馃槙 Looking for the smiley that says :this thread is worthless without pictures!:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
馃槙 Looking for the smiley that says :this thread is worthless without pictures!:
Well I guess I could shim the motor mount which I really dont want to do and see if that works for the fitment issue....But I wanted know if anyone had that issue.... As for the O2 I just want to know if thats the way they make GEN 2 headers or this one is welded on backwards because there is plenty of room for it to be facing forward. Seems like a lot of Gen 5 cars have ARH not many Gen 2 cars.

Landscaping Professional
Why don't you look closely at the port flanges to see if there are individual cylinder numbers stamped on them to be sure all the tubes are correctly installed? Are there two O2 bungs per side, or just one? If just one, is it near the collector, or nearer the motor mount?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The only numbers I see stamped are number 5 on the top of each flange on the middle tube each side so I guess they are the same?. As for the bungs each collector has one, and then down after the 90 there is one on each side I guess if you want to check A/F or whatever. I did just check the O2 extension and made it work, but the wire has to go right over the top or bottom of the collector, which is not good.

Registered
I鈥檒l try to dig up some photos of my install. I don鈥檛 have my lift back together after the move, or I鈥檇 just go snap a couple for you. I had to shim the mounts to center the collectors and leave room for growth/twist. This is not uncommon with aftermarket headers and I wouldn鈥檛 hesitate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I鈥檒l try to dig up some photos of my install. I don鈥檛 have my lift back together after the move, or I鈥檇 just go snap a couple for you. I had to shim the mounts to center the collectors and leave room for growth/twist. This is not uncommon with aftermarket headers and I wouldn鈥檛 hesitate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome thanks, is the passenger side O2 facing backwards? Towards the back of the car? It just seems odd to me when it looks like there is room for it 180 the other way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts