Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going through some of my pics and found one of my all time favourite Hyperexotics right behind the Mclaren F1........Enjoy
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/595962lemans_1.jpg[/image]

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Isn't that a Porsche 962?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
That car looks like a couch on wheels.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
They were building replica's here - selling to rich overseas owners at around $1m.

A couch? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Well - it is a 2000lb 780bhp couch.... :nod: so to keep up your Viper will need around 1350hp /images/graemlins/laughing.gif that'd get you alongside on the straights...

but then around a track for cornering and stopping - the 962 would be breath-taking - being so light and with ground effects etc.

Definitely probably the fastest car ever built that was road legal - if you count fast as being a combination of straight line speed and road course times.... I beleive it is a race 962 that holds the outright record at the 'ring in Germany....

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
SWEET!!!
What year(s) were the 962 built?
What was the production number(s)?
What did they sell for then?
What are they worth now?
(Sorry for all the questions.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Dauer was Porsche's way of getting around legislation that was phasing out the Group C prototypes in favor of production-based GT cars, and this 962-based "road-going" racer was the perfect car for that. Once again, the spirit of the rules take a beating at the hands of the letter of the rules.

Porsche--driving through racing loopholes for more than 45 years!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Ahhhhh. I can still smell the race fuel and hear the wastegates popping from the heady days of IMSA GTP!!!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
83 Posts
And some people say the Viper looks like a kit car! Jeeez.... It would be a real sleeper if you get an exhaust that sounds like a VW!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts