Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this on the VCA site. I was at this event this past Saturday and I think it is something you guys should look at (especially gen 2). Are your cars really putting out the numbers everyone claims it does?

Maybe some good thoughts on this subject... :idea:

different dyno machine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just another loaded dyno, although, not a robust unit. I use the Mustang unit, which has larger rollers, better traction, etc.. The dyno dynamics (that one looks like one) units are Ok, but you really need the larger rollers, when you start to measure or tune more power-I could see a good Viper smoking them up on those little bitty rollers.

Generally speaking, I see about 10% higher numbers on the Dynojets from Mustang, on average stick cars, more on trucks, 4-wheel drives. Some trucks lose nearly half of their crank power on a loaded dyno, accounting for vehicle weight, aerodynamic losses. Inertia dynos are for show, loaded dynos are for the dough, although the Dynojet numbers are the most commonly understood and used numbers.

dr feelgood

·
Registered
444 Posts
Honestly who gives a shit about peak HP numbers? Use a dyno to chart gains from different mods but other than that let the time slips do the talking. 2000hp is useless if your still runnin 12's

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I will putting my peak numbers to the test this weekend.

I have ran heavy cars 3970lbs that dyno'd REPEATEDLY at 337-346 rwhp on a dynojet run down the track at 113mph 20+ times. That math does not add up. Most calculations show that that car was making over 410-420rwhp.

Point to be made: It is the area under the curve that factors in quit a bit at the track as track MPH is an indication of AVERAGE power used down the track. Track numbers are not misleading, dyno numbers are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.