Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my search for an all B&B exhaust I have come across some TNT headers (on ebay) for $1200.

So I am wondering if these are good headers. I would likely stick with B&B for the catback.

Thanks
Mark

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Silver Snake said:
So I now have a choice between TNT, Hen. or for a little bit more the B&B's. Which ones and why?

Mark
It's my understanding that the B&B's are the exact same header as the HMS set. They've been proven to look and sound great. As a matter of fact, the most mind-blowingly awesome sounding GTS I've ever heard was a '97 Blue/White car with Hennessey/B&B headers and Hennessey exhaust, no mufflers or cats. Sounded insane, just awesome.

I've seen the TNT headers and they look great; I'm sure they're a good header and I think they use a Burns collector but I don't know of many guys who use them. I would say that, as far as I know B&B or Bellanger's are your best bet; it all depends on how you want the car to sound.

·
Bitches be crazy!
329 Posts
I have TNT headers on my ACR. The tubes are a slip fit into the collector, so you will undoubtedly have an exhaust leak after you first install them. I was told to give them time and they would seal up naturally. I did... and they did.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,340 Posts
They will make big top end power, but sacrifice some mid-range grunt compared to the tri-Y design. Where do you spend your time driving, and where do you need the gains?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GTS Dean said:
They will make big top end power, but sacrifice some mid-range grunt compared to the tri-Y design. Where do you spend your time driving, and where do you need the gains?
I drive on the streets. I will add Heads/Cam to this car later, but that might be a year. I still want to make sure I am selecting the best exhaust setup and definately want good sound. I do plan on taking my car to the track on occasion, but not sure how soon.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
293 Posts
The TNT, Hennessey & B & B are about the same. Actually, I don't think they have changed since the guys at TNT worked for Hennessey. Also I think Hennessey sent B & B the headers to make for them and B & B started then selling them on their own. I saw a guy had a good set of Hennesey headers for sale on the other site. If they are in great shape, that is a deal.

·
Whatever
801 Posts
I run the TNT 1 3/4 stepped headers on my race car. I dynoed before and after the install. I picked up up 25 RWHP. The fit and finish were great and the install was fairly straight forward.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually, if you want a set of B & B headers I have some on the ACR I bought. They are in super shape. I would coat the TNT headers and use them myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.