Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probally been asked a million times, but I wanted to know if there is any chip or computer that will plug in to the stock Viper computer? Can you get one custom made anywhere? If so, where and what kind of HP number are we talking? (99 GTS)

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
There are several piggybacks, roe makes one, splitsecond makes one, but the HP that you can extract out of them depends on the level of your mods or your needs.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The Roe VEC2 gives 50 more rear wheel horsepower to a basically stock engine.

The Roe VEC1 gaves about 16 more rear wheel horsepower to a basically stock engine.

You'll probably need to contact Sean Roe about the price and availability of the VEC2, but the VEC1 is in stock.

I have the VEC2 on my Roe Superchaged Viper and the VEC1 on my Dodge Ram Pickup Truck

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
99 GTS with flow tubes, K & N filters, borla exhaust, no cats... will I get more than 50 HP? If so, anyone have any idea? Is the VEC2 custom made for each application? And price? Does it plug right in?

Thanks for all the great info!!!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
the VEC1 is a good item. the VEC2 coming out for non SC cars sounds amazing. allegedly it is giving about a 50RWHP increase. if it does produce those claims, itll be a topnotch item to get

1 - 6 of 6 Posts