Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
than switching out pistons on a creampuff Viper? I am tired of hitting my head against the wall trying to find a clean black 99 GTS and I am starting to look at 2000's. My idea is to go TT sometime in the future.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Re: Are there any other additional costs involved with a TT install other.

not to piss anyone off, but is there any other more useless year that a 2000 for a viper???

as far as your initial ? it all depends on how much hp U want. I am sure someone out there will eventially put a turbo on a creampuff and run low boost when a diy kit comes available.

otherwise forged pistons will get you going even with stock heads.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

Maybe some additional head work to lower the compression if you are going BIG. I guess that can be done with pistons if you are replacing them too.

How about one of those dark graphite cars with silver stipes. I think 2002 was the only year?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Toby said:
than switching out pistons on a creampuff Viper? I am tired of hitting my head against the wall trying to find a clean black 99 GTS and I am starting to look at 2000's. My idea is to go TT sometime in the future.
Yeah, you'll be needing these:

[image]http://www.nofear.com/ProductCart/PC/catalog/TS2038L.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.nofear.com/ProductCart/PC/catalog/TS1427L.jpg[/image]

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

J DAWG said:
not to piss anyone off, but is there any other more useless year that a 2000 for a viper???

as far as your initial ? it all depends on how much hp U want. I am sure someone out there will eventually put a turbo on a creampuff and run low boost when a diy kit comes available.

otherwise forged pistons will get you going even with stock heads.

2000 is what I would look for as I don't think they offered black in 01 or 02.

And you are correct. 2000's are what I consider the bastard year. (worst of the best) No forged pistons and no ABS but other than that...they are just as sweet as any other GTS. Adding a big brake kit and modding the motor down the road is all I need to get into trouble. :lol:

I am currently looking at a one owner 2000 Black/silver GTS with 4K miles in the low 50's and I might just throw my hands up on a 99 and go with a 00.

I have been looking for a clean low miles black/black GTS for a while with no success.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

If you're pulling apart the engine why not look for one with 30-40K on it and save some $$$

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

well it might be a few years before I do anything...if at all. Just planning ahead.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

I think installed pistons by a reputable tuner is around 4-5K.

·
Hooray for me, & fuck you
7,863 Posts

[image]http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/images/zainotshirt.gif[/image]

·
Registered
806 Posts

Your about $1000-1100 in pistons and at the most $1000 in labor. $2000 for pistons installed would be my guess. You don't even have to take the motor out to change the pistons. YOu can also get dished pistons to lower your compression which helps in a forced induction envirnoment.

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts

I have forged in my 2000 now thanks to my rebuild :smooch: I would like the ABS however, but I could not resist my black/silver scheme.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.