Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the condensed version of the happenings from last Friday on our dyno. While David's car was on our dyno, my Stack and Pendant went to hell in a handbasket. Our dyno finally recorded a number on David's Viper on the 6th pull which was quite obviously heat soaked which resulted in an SAE corrected number of 913rwhp and 819.71rwtq. When the Stack locked up it somehow went to 26" Vs the 30" which is relative to our altitude. 26" would most likely be the correction for Denver where the Stack is produced. David's actual uncorrected numbers were 783rwhp and 702rwtq on the 6th pull fully heat soaked which is quite an AMAZING number nonetheless. I screwed up and didn't catch the error and I sincerely apologize to David and Kevin for the mishap!

In all fainess though, people were going nuts disconnecting cables on the Stack to remove static electricity thinking that was the problem with the lockup. It has come to my understanding while speaking to a Dynojet Rep that someone may have tried to connect something backwards and caused the problem. I don't know what happened, but am truly sorry that it did happen. Dynojet is shipping replacement parts and I'm now wondering if I chose the right equipment for my shop. This will not happen again and please forgive me guys!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additionally I went back and reviewed all the numbers from Friday and everything else recorded @ 30"

Looking at David's et/mph made me think there was nothing incorrect with the numbers he laid down on my dyno. My Bad!

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
If anyone can fix a problem you can Larry. Now forget about the dyno and get #34 ready for me. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Here is the condensed version of the happenings from last Friday on our dyno. While David's car was on our dyno, my Stack and Pendant went to hell in a handbasket. Our dyno finally recorded a number on David's Viper on the 6th pull which was quite obviously heat soaked which resulted in an SAE corrected number of 913rwhp and 819.71rwtq. When the Stack locked up it somehow went to 26" Vs the 30" which is relative to our altitude. 26" would most likely be the correction for Denver where the Stack is produced. David's actual uncorrected numbers were 783rwhp and 702rwtq on the 6th pull fully heat soaked which is quite an AMAZING number nonetheless. I screwed up and didn't catch the error and I sincerely apologize to David and Kevin for the mishap!

In all fainess though, people were going nuts disconnecting cables on the Stack to remove static electricity thinking that was the problem with the lockup. It has come to my understanding while speaking to a Dynojet Rep that someone may have tried to connect something backwards and caused the problem. I don't know what happened, but am truly sorry that it did happen. Dynojet is shipping replacement parts and I'm now wondering if I chose the right equipment for my shop. This will not happen again and please forgive me guys!
Larry although I was not there my car was and I appreciate all your hard work. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a clarification on the dyno pulls. It is all water under the bridge now but it is nice to know I was not the only one who left a lot of HP at home for whatever reason. Damn humid weather is my story and I am sticking to it. Take care and thanks again for your shop use and taking the time to post. Matt Yates :nod:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
OK, so the end result is, BLOWN GTS won the dyno pull contest?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
larry im sure noone blames you or your shop, things happen. the way i see, it you (and your wife and staff) were an impecable host for all of us and you did a standup job doing us all a favor and taking time and sweating your ass off for all of us. thnx for everything.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Chuck, parts are on the way, my man! BTW, I'm going to Bradenton this weekend, maybe I can drive the car over to you?
Drive or pull? The camber on that sucka is around 2.5. LOL No matter, I'll flat spot them sometime soon anyway. When will you be at Bradenton?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Larry,
no matter what the situation your always the straight forward guy!
God bless ya!
When i do get my next viper it is coming to you for some love!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Larry loved the visit to your shop and enjoyed meeting everyone there. Hell I saw a motor torn way down almost put completely back together while we were all there. I believe that your man Dirty was on the job. Very impressed with your staff to continue to work on your customers cars while you were dynoing everyones cars.
Chad

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, Chad! Scott and I finished that Viper on Saturday which is why we weren't present for the Street Tire Shootout. Our head and cam combo yielded 543rwhp and 568rwtq on that particular Viper. I must commend you on the quality of your interior upgrades, Chad! Most interior upgrades don't match the exterior color and are usually a few shades off. Yours were dead on! Thanks again and I'll be speaking with you soon.

Thank you, Jim! We may be slow in building vehicles, but everyone gets the highest quality parts and service in the industry which is what we strive for every day. We'd rather take the extra time then slap something out there that won't represent us well. Thanks again and we hope to service your performance needs in the future!

Thanks, Rich! Apologies for not being able to help you at the track, we're making strides to be more prepared in the future regarding spare parts, etc. It was good to see you again and your lady friend was lovely to boot! C U in BG.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Our head and cam combo yielded 543rwhp and 568rwtq on that particular Viper.
So what does a package like that run, in parts & labor cost, as well as time to install? (E.g., for a 98 RT/10.)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
stop it John, your not going to ugrade your sled anyways. Quit dreaming. Have you even put in a good stereo yet?

G

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Gerald said:
stop it John, your not going to ugrade your sled anyways. Quit dreaming. Have you even put in a good stereo yet?

G
Yeah, I had a 3" Corsa installed, sounds pretty good /images/graemlins/wink

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
slaughterj said:
MacedoMS said:
Our head and cam combo yielded 543rwhp and 568rwtq on that particular Viper.
So what does a package like that run, in parts & labor cost, as well as time to install? (E.g., for a 98 RT/10.)
Hello John,

Please feel free to give us a buzz or drop me an Email for specific pricing, Sir. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts