Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a owner of the 4x4 3/4 ton V10 Quad Cab version of the Viper, (Sapphire Blue too - best color out there), The logical viper of choice is a 98 blue GTS to match it.

Anyone else have the pleasure of owning both 4 wheel AND 2 wheel drive Vipers?

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
4x4 Viper said:
As a owner of the 4x4 3/4 ton V10 Quad Cab version of the Viper, (Sapphire Blue too - best color out there), The logical viper of choice is a 98 blue GTS to match it.

Anyone else have the pleasure of owning both 4 wheel AND 2 wheel drive Vipers?
98' Blue GTS?? There's no such car out there! :idea:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooops, most dis-honorable posting mistake on my part.

The 98 is the first year of the quad cab pickup, so the correct year of the GTS would be the 96 with the blue matching color scheme.

Getting back to the origional point of the post, I was just curious as to dual V10 ownership.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I have a 2001 silver V10 2500 4x4 HD quad cab, and a 2001 yellow RT/10. I guess 2001 was a good year for V10's for me. Frankly the truck made a great toy until I got the Viper, and now the truck is just a workhorse. Kinda sad I guess, but hell, racing is a lot more fun than off-roading (and believe me, I've done a LOT of off-roading). Here are the canonical photos of my V10s:

[image]http://www.mindmagma.com/viper/misc/Mine2.JPG[/image]

[image]http://www.mindmagma.com/viper/misc/Mine4.jpg[/image]

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
Nice yellow RT/10 man, love it! :thumb: Any mods? Still stock?

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Thanks CAP.

SS, a few mods:

Tubes, K&N filters
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs
MSD 8mm wires
14" PFC two-piece floating hat rotors
AP Racing 6-piston calipers w/ PFC 01 pads
Braided steel brake lines
VEC-1
MGW Ripper Shifter
Teamtech 6-point belts
No muffler, no cats, Roe cat sim
Roe fan kit
Stereo system

Prior to the muffler/cat delete, it made 440 RWHP 474 RWTQ.

Coming soon:
Headers
A rather novel brake ducting setup
Some experimental rear exhaust 2-into-1 changes (just for the hell of it)

27,000 miles on the odometer
Second set of tires

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs
I'm pretty sure those are a no-no on the Viper, and that you should stick to copper. I can't remember why--do a search on the VCA. I think they cause detonation or a reduction in HP or some sort of electrical problem--something serious, whatever it was--so check it out.

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
Schillinger said:
McGuireV10 said:
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs
I'm pretty sure those are a no-no on the Viper, and that you should stick to copper. I can't remember why--do a search on the VCA. I think they cause detonation or a reduction in HP or some sort of electrical problem--something serious, whatever it was--so check it out.
I have heard that too....but I think it was on 97 and lower models. I may be wrong. But you are right about the plugs.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Schillinger said:
McGuireV10 said:
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs
They seemed to be the cause of some problems on my 94.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Thanks, but I did the plugs separately from everything else, mainly because I was wondering whether they were worth all that extra money. With the original (old) wires on there, the difference was noticable (positive). I haven't had any detonation, and I've put about 2500 miles on them, including about 2.5 hours of track time, and haven't had any problems.

I know quite a few of the well-respected tuners use them, so I'm not too worried about it. I take "facts" on the VCA site with a grain of salt except from a very, very small group of specific people... /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Enlightened
28,627 Posts
[image]http://www.extremebikini.com/fun/ramviper.jpg[/image]

I did when I had a Red/Silver combo. I went with a 2500 Sport with V10 which I had stripped to match the car. Also bought a Sloan QuickLoad trailer. On the Dodge I went with dual exhausts and custom wheels (no lift), a TrailBlazer light bar (11 forward, 5 back, 2 side I believe) on a rollbar and added a front pushbar later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts