Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im selling my carbon fiber front and side splitters. These are custom pieces made out of thick solid carbon fiber. They are modeled after the splitters that are on the Viper GTS-R but are made in CF. These parts have NEVER been mounted or installed and are in PERFECT condition. The reason I am selling them is that with my current driveway configuration at my new home, I am having trouble clearing the center and front sections of the car even wtihout the splitters. The builder has promised to redo my driveway, but that is months away. Instead of sitting on them until then, Ive decided to sell them. I bought them for $950 shipped. I'll consider reasonable offers.

This is the front splitter with the backing plate. All holes are pre-drilled.
[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p5d0d2b7617ef5f471fde8e2bb10bd10a/f958775c.jpg[/image]

Side splitters.
[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p89e13658ef23d0669124b8730ef6bb03/f958775f.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Smokin a friend of mine here in Sac might be interested in the front splitter. I will call him and find out about it. I am sure you would like to sell all three together though. Anyone have anpics of car with the side splitters on????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the side splitters on my car. They are very nice pieces and IMO look much better than the aluminum ones. Also they have an angled cut that seems to 'flow' better with the lines of the car. Sorry I don't have any pics yet, but I will post them. My computer at home is dying and I am waiting for my new one to arrive. Work is the only access I have.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I think BADVENOM wants them .. Ohhhhhhhh /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

/images/graemlins/jerry

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I'm putting a new front splitter on my car as we speak. WCV is adding a cable assembly as well, to give it a more tough look, plus give it more structural integrity at high speed.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I finally lifted my car so that the front splitter is 5 inches off the ground. I couldn't even get the car to clear the lift ramps in my garage before. Much easier to drive now and still looks good. So Smokin, why not just lift your car an inch? Or throw on 19 inch wheels, that will do it for you.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roadkill said:
Whatever happened to the Smokin who said "if you can't take a driveway or speedbump without scraping, you don't know how to drive"?? :rofl:
I still believe in that. Thing is its not the front of the car, its the MIDDLE of the car that hits (a little). It knicked my stock sills a tad. Even at the most extreme angle, the hump in my driveway is just too sharp. I added more air to the tires and the car clears with maybe 1/32" of clearance now....SUPER tight. Thers no way I can get it to clear with the extra 1/8" the side splitters will add.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Jeff, I was talking about my RT/10. I have fully adjustable Penske's on the car. I had WCV lift the car to 5 inches for me. It sucked because a few weeks ago I was about to put the RT/10 on the lift and I hear it scrape the splitter against the ramp (which it always did) but this time one one of the splitter cable brackets underneath the splitter snagged the area where the ramp connects to the lift, and I pushed the lift back about 6 inches with my car. D'oh! After getting the car back yesterday, it went up on the ramp and onto the lift without touching -- so nice. The car looks bad ass when it is jus 3 inches off the ground, but it becomes nearly undriveable around town with a splitter that sticks out several inches from the front of the car.

My black DLM gts is getting a full splitter that coveres the entire underbelly of the front car (its as wide as the car and about 3 feet long.) It's THICK and I was told is even stronger than the one on my RT/10, and as you know, that one hit the desert ground and crushed through dirt and rock at Button Willow when I lost my front tire, and it didn't even crack or chip, so I know they are tough. The one that came with my car is a cheap fiberglass or something, and I keep chipping away at it on speed bumps and parking blocks (POS.) PLus I never liked it being silver -- I want it all black. I do wish my rear end was more like an SRT-10 though so I could add a more subtle wing like we have on our RT/10's instead of the big wings that GTS owners have to use. I will admit that I like how these big wings look from the front of the car, but am not a big fan how they look from the rear. Oh well, that is something I can change down the road, if I want. Anything is possible through a good shop like autoform.

Manny

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
Smokin - seriously tempted by those for my ACR... In the pic above - I know that isn't the same splitter - but is that all the further the front splitter comes out?

Anyone have a pic of Smoke's side spiltters on a car...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.