Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand are you using and is it fully functional on a Viper?

I spoke with Actron today about their CP9150 and the tech was not sure if it would function completely on a Viper or not.

Any input on this scan tool, EASE or any others?

John

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I have an Actron OBD2 not sure of the model number but have used it on several cars and has worked great! It was like 150 bucks at Autozone or Kragens!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant to post that I am looking for something to display not only codes, but fuel trends also. My car is setting rich codes at idle because of low vacuum and I wanted to adjust the fuel with my VEC2, but wanted to look at the adaptives first.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I use a CarChip EX, it is programmable, stores and clears codes, records rpm, throttle position, engine load, coolant temp, intake manifold pressure, air flow,intake air temp., timing advance, fuel pressure, fuel system status, short and long term fuel trim, oxygen sensor output voltage, battery voltage and mph, breaking and acceleration and some other things. Stores every 5 seconds and will hold 300 hours. Down side is you need a pc to download the carchip. I've had a lot of fun with it, sticking it on friends cars covertly than looking at their driving habits with them. Cost was $170, I leave it on my car all the time, it will record intermittent problems and it has a special function in case you have an accident that records your driving. Tom

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tom. I will go goggle and see if I can find that model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked one of those up in sears of all places for $150. had a bit of a play with it on the holiday rental but only got home today so haven't had a chance to play with it on the viper yet.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nadine plugged the laptop in and used the EASE software, we created an error code on my GTS and the EASE removed it easily, you get constant real time running graphs on screen, quite cool

·
Registered
791 Posts
neil..does it show the addaptives in the fuel mixtures too????..Len

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have a Snap-on MODIS, thing can tell you everything you ever wanted to know. It's the best scan tool on the market, hands down.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
txlen said:
neil..does it show the addaptives in the fuel mixtures too????..Len
Yes, shows it all on a laptop.

·
Registered
791 Posts
got a link to that software??..also what version of that software are you using???...i'd like to buy that jus so i don't have to cart around my laptop and a DRB....Len

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
txlen said:
got a link to that software??..also what version of that software are you using???...i'd like to buy that jus so i don't have to cart around my laptop and a DRB....Len
This is what Sean Roe uses and sells as well. I think around $250.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm using the OBD-2.com software and laptop hookup as well. I bought the 3-in-1 combo unit, so I can use the same setup for virtually any OBD2 vehicle. It has already paid for itself several times over!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
txlen said:
You still have to have the laptop hooked up for the EASE stuff.

·
Registered
791 Posts
1TONY1 said:
txlen said:
You still have to have the laptop hooked up for the EASE stuff.
yea...i understand that but it's alot easier to keep my laptop in my possesion at work than the 3 DRB's we have at work and i have to share with 18 mechanics..Len

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.