Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these guys have been around a while and are popular with many racers, but didn't know if anyone is running one on a Viper.

'dis one!

·
Registered
791 Posts
i'm installing one in the car i'm building here right now...svs runs that clutch too...it works really good if you take off every other weight...grabs great...

·
Registered
791 Posts
yep...jus have them remove every other weight..

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
sounds like trouble, do the R&D for me Johnny, im tired of clutch/FW problems. till i hear a definite on a combo other than stock, i went back to stock and im sticking to stock.

·
Registered
791 Posts
they take off every other weight because the higher ya rev the engine the harder the clamping force is and taking off every other weight makes it easier to push in the clutch and shift the car...

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
txlen said:
they take off every other weight because the higher ya rev the engine the harder the clamping force is and taking off every other weight makes it easier to push in the clutch and shift the car...
any issues with restringing the other weights?

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
What about the balance? Is there a problem in regards to balance when you take off the weights?(completely ignorant on this /images/graemlins/sad)

·
Registered
791 Posts
i've never added other weights or heard of anyone that has...as far as balance thats why you take off every other one of the weights so you get the same all around the pressure plate...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.