Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the problems of holding boost with a high boost centrifugal setup, has anyone tried a cog setup for the street to keep the belt from slipping on the pullies? Seems like this would be the answer but I don't see anyone with it. Feedback...??? /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cog ain't so fun for street driving. And you tend to loose a lot of belts. I've tried them in mustangs and hated them for the street.

JD

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is there a 10 rib setup or something? Something to eliminate all the belt slip.....? I wouldn't wanna crank down on the blower belt everytime I went for a spirited ride or went to the strip.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
ROLLMODEL said:
So is there a 10 rib setup or something? Something to eliminate all the belt slip.....? I wouldn't wanna crank down on the blower belt everytime I went for a spirited ride or went to the strip.
there is that and some :idea:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I think the belt issues are in process of being solved! Since the last Texas race I have tightened my belt one time just to make sure it was snugg! (not really considered a tightning) I have been through 3 races and no belt problems. not even a hint!

I have alot of confidence that if you break the belt in properly you will have no problems. tighten the first 50 and 100 miles and you are in good shape.

I think Gerald has a gazillion miles on his belt with no issues.

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
The only problems Gerald has with his car are the ones he creates! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Gerald...what is that noise? :rofl:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Low blow Jason, low blow.. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif !!

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
Sorry dude. Your car is faster so I have to take the shots where I can. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

"wtf's that noise...snip,snip"................shit.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
2 Belts...... $50
Removing Supercharger.....$70
Tensioner Pulley...... $20
Time to Pull and Install Blower....6 Hours
Cost to overnight blower......$50

Finding out whining/whistling noise is only caused by the 1/2" long rubber hose used to restrict AIC motor put in day before..... PRICELESS /images/graemlins/mad :fist:

duh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts