Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
yeah, MBN is running a 75 shot with his Roe blower, im sure he'll chime in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We used to do this trick back in the Buick Grand National days. Only ran a 50 shot of nitrous on the 3.8L SFI V-6...not so much for the effect of the nitrous but more for the awesome intercooling effect. Would seem to be particularly effective for superchargers as they loose quite a bit of their effeciency once they get hot.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
RSI built S/C with, ran a 9.50 in Florida with Albert driving. Belongs to a Viper owner named Jason from Houston.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
1TONY1 is spraying the shit out of his. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Viper Love
559 Posts
Hi, im running a S/C – NOS setup, installed and tuned by Sean @ Roe Racing

using a NOS universal EFI NOS kit ($549) the jets rated between 75-125 HP, car made over 900 RWHP using a single 0.065” jet, using the VEC2 sean added 15 % more fuel enrichment at the time the nitrous kicks in.

also the VEC2 is controlling the Nitrous (just like an RPM switch) sean relocated the VEC2 inside the car so I can swap cards example: Boost Cards or NOS/Boost cards while im driving.

wish we ran the 0.075” jet but we ran out of time and bottle pressure, as I remember the first and lowest time sean ran the car on the dyno he came up with 800 RWHP and 843 RWTQ (not bad for first time) /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif, and with a very low bottle pressure around 650 psi or so car did 813 RWHP and 899 RWTQ, as it was sean first nitrous experience I bet he master it by now /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif here is the NOS setup Pic Hope this helps. Mbn

[image]http://www.roeracing.emerchantpro.com/vendorimages/roeracing//NOS-sm.jpg[/image]

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
J DAWG said:
1TONY1 is spraying the shit out of his. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
100 shot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
MbnViper said:
Hi, im running a S/C – NOS setup, installed and tuned by Sean @ Roe Racing

using a NOS universal EFI NOS kit ($549) the jets rated between 75-125 HP, car made over 900 RWHP using a single 0.065” jet, using the VEC2 sean added 15 % more fuel enrichment at the time the nitrous kicks in.

also the VEC2 is controlling the Nitrous (just like an RPM switch) sean relocated the VEC2 inside the car so I can swap cards example: Boost Cards or NOS/Boost cards while im driving.

wish we ran the 0.075” jet but we ran out of time and bottle pressure, as I remember the first and lowest time sean ran the car on the dyno he came up with 800 RWHP and 843 RWTQ (not bad for first time) /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif, and with a very low bottle pressure around 650 psi or so car did 813 RWHP and 899 RWTQ, as it was sean first nitrous experience I bet he master it by now /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif here is the NOS setup Pic Hope this helps. Mbn

[image]http://www.roeracing.emerchantpro.com/vendorimages/roeracing//NOS-sm.jpg[/image]
Damn!! Very Nice Motor :bowdown:

With only 650 PSI bottle presure you probably were not making any power at all on spray. You would be lucky to get 20% of the horsepower your N2O jets are set for.

Is there any truth to when you spray a forced induction car the rated horsepower for the jets you use is double? I have heard this, don't know if this is true, never ran nitrous on a forced induction car. I was told if you use a 50 shot on forced induction it will equate to more like a 100 hp.

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts