Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 is the year to simplify my life. Getting too long in the tooth for the Viper. Been a great ride since 2005, but the Snake needs to slither elsewhere as I prep for the next phase in life. Learned a lot, helped others a lot, paid it forward when possible, and now offering a pretty cool car to the right buyer.
Drop me a note if you want more details. Given the market, looking to do a deal around $59k. Not cheap, not outrageous. It is what it is. Located in Tampa.

·
Registered
23,665 Posts
I'm not in the market but your car is one I'd consider for sure knowing how you treat it

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
2022 is the year to simplify my life. Getting too long in the tooth for the Viper. Been a great ride since 2005, but the Snake needs to slither elsewhere as I prep for the next phase in life. Learned a lot, helped others a lot, paid it forward when possible, and now offering a pretty cool car to the right buyer.
Drop me a note if you want more details. Given the market, looking to do a deal around $59k. Not cheap, not outrageous. It is what it is. Located in Tampa.
Going to post details/pice EV? I have a friend that may be interested... I like your thinking on the near $60k too. Pondering offloading some toys within the next year or 2 also. Father Time reminds me daily I'm on the back 9, hoping not 17-18,,,

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Someone will be getting an awesome car!

·
Premium Member
19,392 Posts
Erik!! You were suppose to let me know first/!!!!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...my wife called BS on me selling...said she'd believe it when she sees it. Gotta love that lady. Going to be empty-nesters soon and want some lifestyle options that the Viper just doesn't fit into any longer. Ugh. I'll shoot some pics later today. Might drive it to the Air Force Base next week and put it on the Lemon Lot. Lots of young Airmen with money burning a hole in their pockets...
Here are the details:
2001 Dodge Viper GTS
Race Yellow w/White Stripes
$59000.00
Miles: 63xxx
Engine: Top-end refreshed 1000 miles (new factory pistons, rings, rods, rod bearings, .027 MLS COMETIC Head Gaskets). Billet P/S pump upgrade with Viper Specialty Performance (VSP) GEN-IV cylinder head mount.
Cylinder Heads: Fresh upgraded GEN-IV factory CNC machined heads w/GEN-IV single throttle body Drag-Pac intake manifold. ARP head studs. Trend HD 5/16 pushrods. Aluminum fuel rails w/12 port Bosch #24 EV-6 injectors. Will include set of (10) SIEMEN DEKA #60 injectors too.
Gen III Viper Upgrade Kit – Prefix Corporation
Cam: Competition Cams custom Viper camshaft with low-bleed Crower hydraulic roller lifters (have cam card with specs). Double roller timing chain.
Exhaust: Factory GEN-IV exhaust manifolds with split-dual MOROSO spiral flow mufflers (4 in total) into a CORSA cat-back Stainless-Steel dual exhaust system (no catalytic convertors)
Transmission: RAM SRT-10 Truck Tremec T-56 6-speed with hardened 4310 gearset with larger spline output shaft. Shortened shifter, Findaza aluminum flywheel with SPEC 3+ clutch.
Differential: Factory 3:07 limited slip Dana Super 44 with 800 hp UNITRAX HD halfshafts w/new u-joints.
Radiator: Factory radiator re-cored to 3-core vs. OEM 2-core. Factory 2- speed fan w/upgraded high-amperage fan solenoids.
Brakes: Big Brake Kit w/E-Brake option (14in front/13in Rear w/Roe Racing hats w/replaceable rotors). Stainless-steel brake lines. Eibach lowering springs.
Wheels/Tires: GEN-V Viper Wheels and Tires (355/30/19 rears on 19x12 rims 285/30/18 fronts on 18x10 rims).
Body: GEN-III fog light upgrade, HID headlights, Dual white painted stripes, GTS-R canards, GTS-R roof vent. Custon vented side sills, custom “Bubble” GEN-I vented hood (original OEM hood included). Under nose airflow modification. Custom MGW gas cap. Extra set of OEM aluminum side sills (need refinishing).
Interior: Aftermarket radio/speakers, 5-point racing harnesses, Wideband A/F ratio gauge, MGW custom storage compartment enclosure.
Tuning: Custom SCT programmed engine controller. Will include SCT Pro-Racer tuning software and flash programmer. Great option to have!
Seller Comments: Purchased July 2005 w/7700 miles from one owner (have original window sticker). No accidents. All work done by seller over many years in personal shop. Car is fun to drive and gets A LOT of attention. Never raced but set-up for whatever you may desire. Time to simplify my life before this car kills me! It’s too tempting to do dumb things with it (only two speeding tickets in 15 yrs)…buyer beware!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics. Body not perfect or original, but hey, it was a 16 year project car. Remember, it comes included with the original OEM hood and OEM side sills..so it can be easily returned to a more original look. The GTS-R roof scoop is molded into the canopy. I did that in 2006 the same time as I did the white stripes so no removing that. I will probably refinish the factory side sills since they took a beating over 16 years. The fiberglass ones on the car are a set I recently fabricated to deal with side sill heat. Just something different. The hood was a doner GEN-I hood (thanks Viper Mike) that I modified for use on my Whipple 4.0 Blower project that needed more hood clearance that the OEM hood. No way was I cutting the original hood. That project ran its course, but I loved the hood so I kept it on. Interesting car and really a great launching off point for someone wanting to continue to build-out and not be overly worried about originality. I just have run out of time and energy....basically having gone where no one else has in many ways.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I can't remember and an too lazy to search about the side sills. was thinking about doing something similar. See on FB some shop in PR did one for a guy in carbon.

·
Premium Member
19,392 Posts
What a beautiful car!! So much quality work put into her. Did you ever get a dyno check done? Guessing 600 RWHP?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just put those better matched injectors in and haven't dialed it in just yet...soon though. Will do some work on the tune this weekend. SCT doesn't let you do too much specific adjusting on injectors so it can be a bit hit and miss....and another reason I'd like to move on from this project. But I'm thinking the motor will be a strong mid-500 hp naturally aspirated.

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Matched meaning all matched or ???. I'm also looking at getting an injector cleaner.flow tester just not sure on if it is worth getting. Dean suggested I get it over on the VOA site for the price.

·
Premium Member
19,392 Posts
Matched meaning all matched or ???. I'm also looking at getting an injector cleaner.flow tester just not sure on if it is worth getting. Dean suggested I get it over on the VOA site for the price.
Tony Armour has a great machine and it does everything but make a milkshake!!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Pics. Body not perfect or original, but hey, it was a 16 year project car. Remember, it comes included with the original OEM hood and OEM side sills..so it can be easily returned to a more original look. The GTS-R roof scoop is molded into the canopy. I did that in 2006 the same time as I did the white stripes so no removing that. I will probably refinish the factory side sills since they took a beating over 16 years. The fiberglass ones on the car are a set I recently fabricated to deal with side sill heat. Just something different. The hood was a doner GEN-I hood (thanks Viper Mike) that I modified for use on my Whipple 4.0 Blower project that needed more hood clearance that the OEM hood. No way was I cutting the original hood. That project ran its course, but I loved the hood so I kept it on. Interesting car and really a great launching off point for someone wanting to continue to build-out and not be overly worried about originality. I just have run out of time and energy....basically having gone where no one else has in many ways.
Not a huge yellow fan & haven't seen with the white stripes, awesome look & excellent write up on the beast (y)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Matched as in sized better for a N/A application. In my opinion, I think many run too big of an injector for their needs. The factory #29-#32 lbs injector (depending on your reference) runs rich on a stock tune as it is. SCT/HP or any other tuning solution for the factory PCM does not let you calibrate precise injector offsets or flow rates...so every aftermarket injector requires the PCM to be tricked into thinking its something its not. Right now, I'm dialing-in (scaling) Bosch #24lb injectors @43.5psi that are used on the FORD V-10 (amongst other engines too). They are really fast injectors so at 55 PSI of fuel pressure I'm currently scaling them to 45% of stock. They are also 12 port injectors so they do a really good job of atomization. Stock OEM injectors cycle at 1.04ms at 14v and the Bosch 0.24ms...so in effect, they will outflow the factory injectors significantly given available pulsewidth and the limitations of the PCM. Not to belabor the point, but I prefer to match available injector pulsewidth better to the valve timing. SCT does not allow any adjustments to any of this so there is a lot of trial and error since SCT allows no other way to figure it out.

Reactions: RobV

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Just watch out for the fake Bosch ones. That have all the marking for a really Bosch one but that are China fakes.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lots of strange stuff out there. These are reconditioned OEM Bosch and not "new" replacements....so yeah, trust but verify.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts