Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal, this 1997 viper GTS (Red) runs and drives great, damaged body panels are as follows.

Front fascia - gone, removed from the car
Left exhaust cover - minor damage on bottom side, slight visible damage in the very back near the rear tire.
Right exhaust cover - scraped and pushed in on the back near the back tire.
Right door - scraped, all paint damage.
Right door mirror - Glass shattered, mirror cover has a crack.
Headlights

I did this over the weekend when I fish tailed, hit a metal post with a reflector coming down a onramp, the car crossed grass and went onto the freeway. The car runs and drives great.

My insurance was not current, I was and still do think that it should be, but that is a different matter. I also found out that my contract will be ending at the end of the month where I work so I cannot afford to keep the car and fix it out of pocket even though I would love to just fix it up and keep driving it.

Anyone who is intrested in more details about buying this car, shoot me a PM. I will try and get some pictures tonight.

PS : No flames welcome here, only questions or comments about the car or information related to fixing the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will attempt to get some pics later tonight, I am still considering my options. If I can sell the car for a reasonable price then it will have to go, if not then I may garage it and keep making payments on it. Like I said, I don't think the damage is that bad esp for someone who knows how to do body work

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
what are you looking to get out of it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I don't know how extensive the damage is, I need enough to pay off my loan first of all which is around 22k.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Craig201MPH said:
is the hood all f'd up?
Nope the hood is fine, except it does have some paint scraped off on the passangers side. Also note the hood is smooth (no nose scoop or vents)

The bulk of the damage happened when the nose went off the road into grass then back onto the road. The rest of the damage happened when a reflector pole hit the passangers side of the car.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Term,
Please send me some pictures. The title is still clean correct???

Also, I would like details on the car....mileage, etc.

Thanks.

Chip

·
Registered
17 Posts
That sucks Term. Glad you're OK though. Cars come and go, but death puts a dampener on things.

If I was in your shoes, I think I'd patch it up before selling.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
McRat said:
That sucks Term. Glad you're OK though. Cars come and go, but death puts a dampener on things.

If I was in your shoes, I think I'd patch it up before selling.
I would not sell it at all if I did not just learn that I was also going to be out of work at the end of this month, I can get the $$ to fix it easy, build it better, stronger, faster, but then I would just have to sell it unless I could find a job that would give me equal cash flow fast.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
[image]http://mtg.homeunix.com/viper/wreck/thumb_IMG_0256.JPG[/image] ouch!!!!!!

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune - both on the car and the job. And kudos for the bikini car wash pictures - you obviously got to enjoy that car!

Good luck on the job front and whatever you end up doing with the Viper.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike_W said:
Aren't you the one who just bought it, posted pics, and everyone asked you if it had been wrecked before?

You already crashed it? Dumbass. You shouldn't have been trying to show off. Dumbass.

I will give you $3,000 for it.

Mike
I said that flames wern't welcome in this thread, do you really think I need you to tell me I did something dumb in my car? I really don't, and there was nobody else around when it happened, so there was no "showing off", I just lost it.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Damn, I've hit one of those reflector poles before when I was run off the road in my Trans Am on a rainy day.....they do a lot of damage.

·
Registered
584 Posts
term said:
Mike_W said:
I said that flames wern't welcome in this thread, do you really think I need you to tell me I did something dumb in my car? I really don't, and there was nobody else around when it happened, so there was no "showing off", I just lost it.

You are right, I didn't see that part. I am sure you feel bad enough as it is. I did that with my Lexus. I almost did it with my Viper too, the second day I had it. I was really pissed at thinking what I ALMOST did a second time. At least you are alive, and you didn't kill anyone. That is really what matters. You can always make more money and no matter what happened, it was probably a cheap lesson when you think of what could have. Sorry for being an inconsiderate prick.

Mike

1 - 20 of 60 Posts