1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in NJ/NY area with lowering kit for \'03-\'05 SRT-10

Need some questions answered regarding the two lowering kits available for 3rd
gen Vipers. Went to Buhler Dodge in Eatontown NJ and they have several Vipers
to chose but only install lowering kit after purchase. I need to know before I purchase the car if I could fit. Anyone in a local Viper club willing to show me their car with the kit installed. Will drive to wherever you are located.
Thanks, Chris

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Re: Anyone in NJ/NY area with lowering kit for \'03-\'05 SRT-10

Don't know about the SRT, but the 2" kit will pretty much allow a monster to fit in a Gen 1/2. I'd imagine it's pretty much the same. Are you over 6'6"?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

6'3" 240 lbs, but my legs are longer than my torso. My left knee is very intimate with the dash near the door.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Anthony,
Yes, the seat lowering kit. Was told the 1 inch kit you can still adjust the seat but with the 2 inch kit it gets bolted directly to the floor.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts

CHRIS R said:
Anthony,
Yes, the seat lowering kit. Was told the 1 inch kit you can still adjust the seat but with the 2 inch kit it gets bolted directly to the floor.

I know that is true for a Gen II - but I can't confirm it for a Gen III.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts

It's the Northwind Kit. You would need the 2 inch kit. There are several board members that are taller than you and seem to manage well with the 2" kit...only in a gen1/2.

·
Registered
24,211 Posts

i was 6'-3" and 300 pounds when i got mine....a 98 GTS with a 1 1/2" drop and i fit fine now...without.....wasnt gonna happen

oh im still 6'-3"...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.