Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Borla has a new "quieter" catback system (#140049) out with 2 additional mufflers at the rear ala Corsa (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em).
It's not a big $$ system either, supposedly they have lowered their prices.

Anyone heard this system yet?

Looks like I am back to square 1. I was all ready to go B&B but I talked to a guy that has the B&B with RT hiflows and he says it drones, and it was LOUD. He says it is a "little" quieter with the hiflows on though. Sounded mean ass though, might just say screw drone and so what if I wake the neighbors, I just don't want a cop magnet.

Anyway, was again looking Corsa until someone told me about this new Borla. I have always heard that the old Borla was REAL deep sounding....enough rambling, anyone heard this new player?
Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Corsas have no mufflers. The two things on the back are some sort of sound chamber. If you look in the end, the pipe goes straight on through to the cat.

I have the Corsa and HF cats - and am real happy.

The two sound distinct, you will either like Borla better, or Corsa better, so go hang out with some owners, hear them both, and order what you like.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you want to call them, lets say cans, apparently the Borla system has these "cans" now too.

What are the cans in the sills on the Corsa system, same things as in the rear?

Corsa has that reverse sound cancelling technology stuff in their systems, that's what takes care of the drone in the Corsa system.

Thanks, still want to know about this new Borla though.......

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had Corsa on my Corvette, and I liked them so much that I got the Corsa cat back for the Viper as well.
It's almost as quiet as stock at idle or cruising (good for when the tops off, or there are cops out), but then it gets really meaty sounding at full throttle. It's a world better than stock, and there are no resonance or boomy problems.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
If you want quite, keep the stock setup. I can hardly tell when a stock Viper is even running it's so quite. I have the Borla exhaust on my RT/10 without the rear "cans" and love it. With high flow cats I think it is actually fairly mild. Though in a GTS, the drone will likely wear on you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have heard the BIG 3, Corsa, B&B, "old" Borla. This new Borla system might still be too new to be on the streets yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts