Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could ask this at a Stang board but I want an adult answer and not some biased kids that "know it all".

If you have one, what don't you like and what do you like about it? Is it worth mid 20's as a beater/daily driver?

I almost bought one today on a whim.......just wasn't black so I left it in the showroom.

·
Registered
21,933 Posts
300 h.p. and a hell of an aftermarket for 25K, what's there to think about? Best performance bargain by far. Car sounds absolutely amazing and handles exceptionally well for a solid axle car.

·
Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
I have looked at a few and agree...they are great cars with HUGE mod potential.

I would wait until next year though...let then work out the bugs and I bet they come out with more HP or a racier version.

I would like to have one in red with white stripes

·
Registered
24,393 Posts
jerome i see one in the AM on rt 78 east a lot ....looks great and like craig said it sounds GREAT.

id get the conv when it comes out if it were me

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer is going to call me when the first Black/Black GT comes in.

For the money it is not a bad deal I guess.

oh, and one thing though.....No Stripes. I am Anti-Stripe on most cars. :nod:

I can see the mods list in my head already. So much for a new beater. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
24,393 Posts
jerome, when yer ready for mods let me know. I know a guy in florida who is a tuner on stangs and knows his shit.

he has a 8 sec TT he races

·
Banned
5,836 Posts
I like 'em. That quarter window isn't so nice, but nothing a little fiberglass scoop GT500 style couldn't fix.

Pro - Cheap, large aftermarket base, looks good
Con - It's a mustang, and everyone + their brother will have one in 6 months

Sell that VR4 :nod:

·
Registered
68 Posts
We went to FFW and there was 1 guy there with a new '05 Mustang GT. It was silver, with stripes, and had the Halibrand wheels on it. The interior had the upgrade package (the aluminum, and yes it is real aluminum not plastic, on the dash) and the upholstery upgrade (the red leather with the red accents in the doors and floor mats).

The car looked amazing. I didn't even like the silver until I saw his car.

As the engine takes 87 octane stock, word out is that just a tune for premium will increase hp by 25-30. Also, according to dyno's, the car is running pig rich......... another plus for tuners. In about 6 months, the aftermarket for the car will be huge.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
25-30 horsepower from premium gas :rofl: there goes your credibility. What a toolbox.
Craig,

What she meant was that it felt like 25-30 horsepower but was actually 16 RWHP.

VIPAIR!! :bowdown: :bowdown:!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, I'm just repeating what many are saying on some of the Ford and Mustang forums.

Geez, cut me a bit of slack here.

In a recent post, JDM (the tuner) ran the car to 13.4 bone stock. With a cat-back, underdrive pulleys, a tune, 4.30 gears and ET streets, it ran 12.5 @ 107.9. This is supposed to be an upcoming test in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Like the new C6, it is looking like there is torque management built into the computer. This is part of the reason that the tune (SCT flash) shows such good gains. In the car stock, the computer is closing down the throttle body for .1-.3 of a second at redline, which is causing low trap speeds at the track (especially for the ET's).

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
01LightningGal said:
Hey, I'm just repeating what many are saying on some of the Ford and Mustang forums.

Geez, cut me a bit of slack here.
Geeeeeeeez I fucking hate that. You jump from forum to forum passing off information as if you are Girl-Genius, and when you get called out you blame it on the guys at another forum. Let me guess, you attended www.TankedOnline.edu? Did he show you the light at how to copy and paste from another website? Problem is, you got called out for looking like a dumbass and then say, "Hey, come on guys. Cut me some slack. It's not my fault I didnt verify the info before I posted it." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey buddy......... fuck you !!!!

You know nothing about me, so you just "assume" that I am just the typical dumb ass, knows nothing about cars, girl on the internet. Well, you are so far off, you aren't even on the same subject. I have probably done more actual wrenching on cars than you would dream of (including having owned an auto repair and towing business for 9 years, as well as building all of my own, and maintaining all of my own vehicles) doing in your entire life (I say probably, as I also do not know you).

Many here post information that is not their individual experience........... or that they have not PERSONALLY verified. However, because I tried to not be a bitch in my comeback post.......... I have to get shit on by you???

Well, from now on, I think I will go around this site and others, and tell everyone who does not post from their personal experience that they are morons and idiots............ or is that "privledge" just reserved to posters who have dicks???

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
7,234 Posts
Alright, from now on, the phrase "you know nothing about me" is hereby stricken from the Alley.

And Gloria....RELAX! 61 posts is shouting "bust my chops". /images/graemlins/wink Welcome to the Alley!

[size=-5] Ya might also want to spellcheck since folks will draw conclusions from a lady who's quicker with "dicks" than privledge" [/size]

·
Registered
21,933 Posts
01LightningGal said:
Hey buddy......... fuck you !!!!

You know nothing about me, so you just "assume" that I am just the typical dumb ass, knows nothing about cars, girl on the internet. Well, you are so far off, you aren't even on the same subject. I have probably done more actual wrenching on cars than you would dream of (including having owned an auto repair and towing business for 9 years, as well as building all of my own, and maintaining all of my own vehicles) doing in your entire life (I say probably, as I also do not know you).

Many here post information that is not their individual experience........... or that they have not PERSONALLY verified. However, because I tried to not be a bitch in my comeback post.......... I have to get shit on by you???

Well, from now on, I think I will go around this site and others, and tell everyone who does not post from their personal experience that they are morons and idiots............ or is that "privledge" just reserved to posters who have dicks???
I have a hard time beleiving this, anyone with an ounce of automotive knowledge knows that you aren't going to pick up a 10% gain in h.p. by using premium fuel in a stock street car.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
In her defense, she said Premium fuel AND A TUNE. I assume 'A TUNE' means different fuel curves, timing, etc..., adjusted by a plug-play computer or piggy back chip. 25-30HP? Maybe.... Timing and fuel curves can do wonders for 'under the curve' HP and throttle response, IMO.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.