Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a used rear 17\" MMX3 tire?

My rear passenger tire has a gash in it, and I'd like to replace it just to be safe. The other three wheels have good tread left, so I'm hoping someone is willing to sell one of their used 17" rear tires? I'd like 50%+ tread, and the rubber to be in decent condition (ie, not dry rotted and cracked). Thanks!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Re: Anyone have a used rear 17\" MMX3 tire?

This may or may not help, however, I have four 3.25 x 17'S. They have been shaved and have 8/32" on them (new is 11/32"). If anyone wants a good tire for viper days send me a pm, I will let them go cheap.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

Linh, my '98 has two of the 17 inch MMX3s on it, and I'm planning on replacing them soon with new 17 Pilot Sports. They're about 60 per cent tread.
John

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts

If you're still ridin around on mxx3s, tread or not, they gotta go. The rubber on those things must be like petrified wood at this point.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

I may have one, would have to check.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the responses. I ended up buying two new rear MXX3's that VprVnm had in storage at his house. So, they shouldn't be hard.

I also found two new front tires online (bought their last ones).

There shouldn't be a problem tracking these tires, would you think? I know this issue of tire age has come up before, but as long as they haven't been installed and have been stored indoors, they should be OK, shouldn't they?

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts

I've always felt that you drive to the limits of the car. If your Viper is equipped with bicycle tires you drive to the limits with bicycle tires.

But I agree with Mark. It's doubtful that an old MXX3 has the performance that a new Pilot would have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts