Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I will be sleeping outside tonight. Hit the gf's suv with the 4-wheeler trailer and gashed the front bumper. Not real bad, but you would have thought I had totaled the thing by her reaction.

Any way the bumper cover is some type of plastic and except for painting it I wanted to fix it myself. So what do I need to do. I hit it with some rubbing compound just to clean it up a bit. So now do I sand it and apply some type of filler.

I am sure a shop would want a few hundred bucks, so should I fix it and let someone else paint it or should I just let someone do the whole job. Any help would be appreciated. :bawling:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Call a "mobile dent wizzard" or something of the sort. Prices are usually afforadable(usually under $100 bucks) and they go right to you.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,511 Posts
find a good body shop...offer to pay them with cash. (they usually will give you a better deal that way)

let the pro's fix it.

If your GF's puts that much value in her vehicle...anything less than perfect will do nothing but continue to piss her off.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bash, will definetly look into that. I did not know if they could paint the places that needed it or not.

Toby, what makes things worse is that we were getting ready to sell it and get her something else, so I certainly need it fixed right so I don't get nailed on resale.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check with the body shops too. I had almost identical damage on my old truck fixed by a body shop here in So Cal for $175. The insurance company paid me $450. Find a small reputable shop and offer to pay in cash. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Dent wizard cannot fix that.... due to the creased panel and the missing paint. They only repair dents that do not have creased edges and no missing paint.
Take it to a body shop and have it repaired professionally... especially if you are planning to sell in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts