Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to go to willow springs end of August. I was hoping that someone might have a trailer in SoCal (San Diego) that they will let me borrow for the weekend.

TIA,
Carl

:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
20,164 Posts
Check with Gerald, I think he still has his (aka Snake bitten)

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to the West Coast Vipers Willow Springs event on Aug 28th & 29th. I'm planning on driving up on Friday afternoon.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee....V8. I towed my old TA with it, it was heavier than the Viper, although not as far. should be a thrill ride and make the track stuff seem easy /images/graemlins/wink

Thanks,
Carl

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Catwood said:
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee....V8. I towed my old TA with it, it was heavier than the Viper, although not as far. should be a thrill ride and make the track stuff seem easy /images/graemlins/wink

Thanks,
Carl
I know a guy who used to tow with a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but nobody really liked him too much, but at least you know its possible. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/376345-01ronsarrival.jpg[/image]

Eddie

Attachments

·
Banned
26,037 Posts
Slow Eddie said:
Catwood said:

Thanks,
Carl
I know a guy who used to tow with a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but nobody really liked him too much, but at least you know its possible. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/376345-01ronsarrival.jpg[/image]

Eddie
Haha, fuck you Eddie /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Where the hell did you get that pic. Carl my V8 Jeep pulls an open trailer & Viper no problem, I was asking because I may of had an enclosed trailer close to you, Jeep GC will not pull and enclosed to well. Let me know if you get one or not :nod:

·
Banned
26,037 Posts
Catwood said:
SoCal Rebell said:
Catwood said:
I may just wind up driving the Viper up there. I'll keep looking.
Well if you're not running race rubber why wouldn't you drive (seeing as you don't have a trailer)

makes sense.....
I'll probably drive up Sat. 28th and say hi to all, I haven't seen John Horton in a while. Let me know if you want some instuction I have over 1,200 laps at WSIR. What hotel you staying at? Park Plaza is the best, 10 miles from the track in Lancaster. :thumb:

BTW bring lots of water :nod:

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SoCal Rebell said:
Catwood said:
SoCal Rebell said:
Catwood said:
Well if you're not running race rubber why wouldn't you drive (seeing as you don't have a trailer)

makes sense.....
I'll probably drive up Sat. 28th and say hi to all, I haven't seen John Horton in a while. Let me know if you want some instuction I have over 1,200 laps at WSIR. What hotel you staying at? Park Plaza is the best, 10 miles from the track in Lancaster. :thumb:

I'm trying to figure out were the rest of the folks are staying. I'd like to really tow the Viper and put some stuff in the back of the jeep, tools, water, food etc. Plus my older son is going and that way we'd have two cars if I needed something from somewhere.

·
Banned
26,037 Posts
Catwood said:
SoCal Rebell said:
Catwood said:
SoCal Rebell said:
Catwood said:

makes sense.....

I'm trying to figure out were the rest of the folks are staying. I'd like to really tow the Viper and put some stuff in the back of the jeep, tools, water, food etc. Plus my older son is going and that way we'd have two cars if I needed something from somewhere.

The only decent hotel for WSIR is the Park Plaza www.parkplaza.com call early for res. I'm sure that's where everyone is staying, maybe the nearby Desert Inn but the Plaza is much nicer. Phone # is 661-948-0961 make sure you tell them you're racing at WSIR and want the track discount, call the local # I gave you, you will not get the discount from the 800 # on the website.

Are you willing to drive to the OC to pick up and drop off an open trailer? Do you have 4 10,000 lb. tie straps (and "R" hooks would be nice also)? If you can't borrow one locally advise and I will find you one :nod:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.