Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first viper and will be looking to do some work down the road. I was wondering if there are any reputable viper guys in NY that could possibly help me down the road. If you don't have a dyno, a buddy of mine has one and will allow me to do work on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
in canada, just over the border you have viper specialty. ask for dan

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone just mentioned that place to me the other day. Ive heard good things about them, just never knew exactly where they were located. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey dan, do u know John Donovan? Hes a good friend of mine and said u do great work. May be interested in having u do some work for me down the road

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was actually there last summer with my supra while u were using his dyno. His shop is right down the road from me. Good to know there are some local viper shops for future reference. U may be hearing from me in the near future

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Oh yeah, I definitely remember you. I believe I was tuning the Copperhead Paxton Vert...?

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
Oh yeah, I definitely remember you. I believe I was tuning the Copperhead Paxton Vert...?

That is phenomenal. Stock block? How much power did it make?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I know John as well, I grew up in WNY he is a stand up guy. I'm sure Dan and John can help you with anything you need.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That is phenomenal. Stock block? How much power did it make?
Negative. Its actually a bastard child of two packages due to it being built in two stages. It is technically a VS-900SC w/full appearance package, which is the bells-and-whistles 2-Bar Flash based Paxton package. However, the original engine build was VS-1500 based, so it has a VS-1500 Short Block instead of the usual VS-1000, along with slightly modified heads [Guides, valves, coatings, deburred, rockers, spacers, etc.]

We built the engine for this car back in 2007, and shipped it out. Unfortunately, the "builders" who worked on this car made an absolute disaster out of it [and both businesses involved, everyone here would know of] The car was shipped back here last year, and we updated it from old-tech Paxton with a shit load of issues, to a current build VS-900SC using as much as we could of the old build. When it came in, it has 2 damaged converters, leaking fuel, bad blower head, belt issues, wiring issues, both a VEC & a Split Sec fighting each other, and a host of other nonsense. It ended up with an all new fuel and EMS, rebuilt blower head unit, a ton of wiring work, new exhaust, and we did all of the appearance related items and other small repairs and updates such as plug wires, oil lines, and various other small Paxton upgrades. Amazingly, even with all of its issues, the engine was 100%... didn't have to touch it.

Customer wanted solid, reliable 750RW... but we overshot a little. This car made 808RW, heat-soaked @ 85 ambient on 93. Drives like stock. Its only running a 3.25" pulley, no slip issues whatsoever. Easy 900RW car on a 2.75, but the customer doesn't want that much on this one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Real nice build. Dan do you have your own dyno or just tune on other dynos?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I just use the dynos available here. Almost bought Jons, but decided to leave Buffalo instead. I will pick one up once I am finished with the relocation, and it will certainly be a 224xlc

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Ehhhh.... we are in Buffalo, not Ontario, LOL.

I am just a member of the Ontario club because it is 1 hr away vs. 8 hours for NYCT.
I've lived a lot of places...NYC and Europe...but BUFFALO'S WINTERS SUCK!!!!

:leaving:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just use the dynos available here. Almost bought Jons, but decided to leave Buffalo instead. I will pick one up once I am finished with the relocation, and it will certainly be a 224xlc
Where are you located now?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Where are you located now?
Still in Buffalo right now, I have about a half dozen projects that need to be wrapped up here still. Not taking on any sizable new work at the moment, and slowly liquidating anything that I don't intend to keep on hand after the move.

I will be relocating to SW Florida, heading down there end of June-ish. If I can get all of the details worked out and closed, the move would follow late summer/fall. If not, I will continue working on it from here and the next goal would be to get out of here before the snow flies.

Ironically a number of local friends/customers are making the move with me, so SW Florida is going to get a nice dose of Viper/Car guys next year, ha. I started an Exodus... and I don't apologize, lol.

All of that said, I will likely be coming back to Buffalo for ~6 weeks over the summers, so I should be able to keep up with small local customers. At the same time, we will continue to run "shuttle service" from Buffalo to Florida so long as there are cars to move back and forth.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
luck you lol take me with. I'm sick of this place. But Goodluck with the move! I'll definitely keep in touch if I need anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts