Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Last I heard, Sean was finishing up the details and they would be going out with batch #4 of the kits along with some GenIIIs. I have one of his units and attest to the quality and customer support. He hired some extra people to help out and I think he is moved and settled in so im sure they are really close.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome news...can't wait till I get one. There is so many things I want to do to my car and the Roe S/C is priority number 1.

Any news on the price or dyno numbers?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
:eatpop:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I dont think there is any price difference and the HP#s are pretty close
[image]http://www.roeracing.emerchantpro.com/vendorimages/roeracing//SC1.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy flying Donkeys batman!

That is some sweet looking engine. It would look a lot better if it was on my car... :thumb:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sean posted that pic of a Generation 1 with a blower a while back so im sure he has everything finished its just a matter of getting started on the next production run.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Uh, not so fast Sapphire. /images/graemlins/smiles

The last time I was down there, which was around Thursday of last week, the Gen III motor was still in a crate, and they were just getting back into the Gen I project. This was primarily due to them having spent time to focus on completing assembly on a whole new stack of Gen II blowers which are now being shipped.

We're having dinner with them tonight, so I'll try to remember to ask him about it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool...let us know. I am sure there are a few of us that are anxiously waiting.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I should add that the Gen III is in the crate because the SC looks like it'll just drop in with minimal hassle, and the real effort will be making sure the VEC2 likes the engine.

It's pretty sweet when you think about it. 13 years spanning three variations on the engine, and yet the changes required to bolt up that much additional power are really pretty minor. I wonder if they'll ever pull off anything like that again, now that the Germans are complicating the picture?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats cool I knew he was "finishing up" with the Gen1. Just relaying from a "Last that I heard from Sean" Of course when I ordered my blower I was told it would take 6 weeks - I got it in 4 days /images/graemlins/smiles. Either way, its worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Basically, they're revising some of the Gen I brackets to make it "production-friendly". Once those are on, they'll wrap up the tuning, and Gen I kits will be ready to roll. It's really very close to completion. Quite a lot of progress for just one week.

The Gen III motor is out of the crate and has been fitted with a blower. The engineers who worked with Sean on the VEC2 are in town all weekend for a marthon session with that (and the Gen I). While it would be premature to say they're close on the Gen III motor, after hearing what they have scheduled for the weekend, I would guess an announcement that a Gen III kit is in active development should be forthcoming any day now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts