Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
My VEC on my GEN II was great except every once in awhile it shot W/M when I turned the key forward. I reloaded and it went away. Sent the VEC in and then changed to VEC 3, same shit. I want with a used AEM which I still have now. If you VEC runs great, KEEP IT-why change it? I found it easy to work on once I learned how t use the software. Sean has a LOT of detail in the papers IF one reads like getting the base % of fuel correct for the lb injectors.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
my Vec came off yesterday.. anyone want to buy one? its going up for sale, and or ebay tomorrow. I have the software, smart cards, and manuals for it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I don't have an issue with the vec honestly it works great. Issue is I am doing mods to my car and fine tuning is something I don't want to learn myself, and id rather pay a professional for that. As such nobody really messes with the VEC for fine tuning. So I am going to go to the SCT, or a standalone. Most likely a SCT but I really like the idea of a flex fuel 2nd gen.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
anyone ever go up and get tuned by Done Rite in Wisconsin? Ed seems very very knowledgeable, and seems to have done his scare of vipers. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
Unfortunately VECs aren't worth shit anymore.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
anyone ever go up and get tuned by Done Rite in Wisconsin? Ed seems very very knowledgeable, and seems to have done his scare of vipers. Anyone have any experience with them?
Max for a VEC would be $150-$200 if that. Has Done Rite tuned any FI Vipers with SCT? If not, I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
They said they have with very good results. Yeah if I got 200 out of my vec I would be happy.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts