Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
I just talked to V10 MOJO...Didn't get many details...Just told him to get someone to post up some of the action...Racing is done for the day and everyone was out to dinner...He did say track conditions kind of sucked, so I doubt any records were broken...

BTW...Today is MOJO's birthday...He's like 47 or something... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YA PRICK!!!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sheeeshhhh, your own viper bretheren haven't even updated you!!!! Let me tell what I know... I'm sure those that went will update when they get here:
RSI Auto - [email protected]
RSI Supercharged 6-speed (no NOS) - [email protected]
Norm Koerner - [email protected] (all motor, new record)
SW - [email protected] (all motor)
I hear the RSI 6-speed red lit first round and Dr. Roof won the event with consistent 10.2-10.3's.
High mph - Hennessey TT car - 156 mph
Overall they said that the track conditions sucked and several cars broke spewing coolant on the track.
That is all i know...
Peter

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Just talked to Jason Heffner. He was hoping to have a friends car ready but a faulty couple of injectors forced it to get left behind - but he did succeed in getting Erics car there...

and boy did that show some power....

the torque was so strong it broke a half shaft, then the trans, then diff - but the Heffner crew amazingly got everything fixed - having a blueprinted box expressed in from Archer racing and trans in and out and car back on track within an hour and a half of the new box arriving!!!!! This is trackside - not in a workshop.... hows that for service!!

Car made so much power that it went sideways even right thru 3rd gear!!! Thats 1000rwtq baby :bowdown:

Jason was forced to drop boost from 14lb down to 10lb trying just to get a pass in...

it ran 148.8mph on 10lb boost!!!!!!! and that was still with lousy traction and 85 degree heat. There's 150mph at only 10lb boost on a cooler day and a stickier track - that is awesome!

So it was not an ideal weekend for the Heffner crew with drivetrain issues - but what a great turbo system!!! There's a market now for much beefier drivetrain components to allow these cars to run hard.

Dr Roof ran 151mph again - that car is amazing. Dyno operator showed it pulls 20lb boost - wow!!! The boost was re-checked, that is one strong engine and full credit to DLM for building an engine to take it.

There were several high 9's but most guys suffered from the heat. Best time I heard was a Venom 1000TT that ran 16lb boost plus a shot of NOS - it turned a 9.6x I believe at 156mph with a 6 speed. It'll run harder than that in cooler temps - great run by the Motor Trend driver! That car might be the first to hit 160mph in ideal conditions!!!! So the 6 speed mph record remains with a Venom car

RSI ran strong - as per above - congrats guys!

I think Underground ran a 9.9, not sure about Moundir - although I think he ran 145mph best on radials. The high temps affected everyone so the cars will all run faster on a cooler day.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Just got in Guys It is real late and I will post full event details in the Morning.

I ran two 9 second passes 9.9? and a 9.87 60 FT times were Awful 1.66

in todays conditions any 9 sec pass was incredible.

HMS car showed strong

everyone had a great time.

DLM cars were in the finals of several classes.

Detailed INFO in the Morning!

GOOD NIGHT!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
TM - our SRT TT ran 9.65 @ 156.57 mph with a 1.70 60 ft. time on 12 psi boost with a 150 shot. Track conditions sucked for everybody. I say we go to Bradenton for the Finals in Dec.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Keith Miles with the Underground racing tuned car came to the Viper Nationals for the first time with his Viper and went 10.46 @ 145 mph on pilots regular street tires..<not a drag radial> :bowdown: That was a tuff duty with those shitty track conditions. Also made a few 9 sec. passes on ET streets with huge traction problems.

Blown GTS car made one 9 second pass. Had traction problems all day. His car stayed in the low 10s most of the day until the finals were it ran a high 10 losing to DR.Roofs low 10 sec. pass. /images/graemlins/bawling

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
John Hennessey said:
TM - our SRT TT ran 9.65 @ 156.57 mph with a 1.70 60 ft. time on 12 psi boost with a 150 shot. Track conditions sucked for everybody. I say we go to Bradenton for the Finals in Dec.
John - great speed for the conditions. Does that trap speed eclipse your old record or is it just under - splitting hairs i know - but it must be close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts