Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Considering selling my 01 GTS this summer....not cheap, driven and well maintained to 63k miles...$46999.00 but it has a butt load of upgrades nose to tail (or fangs to rattler) to include GEN-IV Heads/Intake. Getting too old for this stuff.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Considering selling my 01 GTS this summer....not cheap, driven and well maintained to 63k miles...$46999.00 but it has a butt load of upgrades nose to tail (or fangs to rattler) to include GEN-IV Heads/Intake. Getting too old for this stuff.
To include the "spare" OEM hood...I have a custom bubble hood on it from an earlier blower project.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’ll give you the typically viper alley comment so you understand we are trying to help... here goes.

I understand your a homeless millennial who voted for Biden, so your use to a hand out and people coddling you.

Dude grow the fuck up, what your asking for doesn’t exist. If you do find that unicorn, shoot the FM because if you don’t someone will steal the deal, or it’s gone before you figured out you didn’t need the PPI at that price.

Good luck!

Let us know what you find.
Cool.

Anyways, let me know if y'all have any leads! much appreciated

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Cool, thanks for mentioning 👍. I'll keep it in mind if my budget grows that much

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!
There is your unicorn... investigate the GEN2 powerlevel, then the mods you would potentially do as you have said thats what your looking for "working on a car". Then what it takes to make it into a GEN4 head conversion, because in the end thats what you want to do. Take that 63K mileage down because of the new heads and you have a steal of a deal considering you could sell the old hood for bunch of money.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Used Viper buyers are tearing this place apart.....

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!
There is your unicorn... investigate the GEN2 powerlevel, then the mods you would potentially do as you have said thats what your looking for "working on a car". Then what it takes to make it into a GEN4 head conversion, because in the end thats what you want to do. Take that 63K mileage down because of the new heads and you have a steal of a deal considering you could sell the old hood for bunch of money.
Too funny....that is only 1/4 of the story:
Miles: 63xxx
Engine: Top-end refreshed 1000 miles (new factory pistons, rings, rods, rod bearings, .027 MLS COMETIC Head Gaskets).
Cylinder Heads: Fresh upgraded GEN-IV factory CNC machined heads w/GEN-IV single throttle body intake manifold. ARP head studs. Trend HD 5/16 pushrods. Aluminum fuel rails w/SIEMENS injectors.
Gen III Viper Upgrade Kit – Prefix Corporation
Cam: Competition Cams custom Viper camshaft with low-bleed Crower hydraulic roller lifters (have cam card with specs). Double roller timing chain.
Exhaust: Factory GEN-IV exhaust manifolds with split-dual MOROSO spiral flow mufflers (4 in total) into a CORSA cat-back Stainless-Steel dual exhaust system (no catalytic convertors but will include (2) new high flow).
Transmission: RAM SRT-10 Truck Tremec T-56 6-speed with hardened 4310 gearset with larger spline output shaft. Findaza aluminum flywheel with SPEC 3+ clutch.
Differential: Factory 3:07 limited slip Dana Super 44 with 800 hp UNITRAX HD halfshafts.
Radiator: Factory radiator re-cored to 3-core vs. OEM 2-core. Factory 2- speed fan w/upgraded high-amperage fan solenoids.
Brakes: Big Brake Kit w/E-Brake option (14in front/13in Rear w/Roe Racing hats w/replaceable discs). Stainless-steel brake lines. Eibach lowering springs.
Wheels/Tires: GEN-V Viper Wheels and Tires (355/30/19 rears on 19x12 rims 285/30/18 fronts on 18x10 rims).
Body: GEN-III fog light upgrade, HID headlights, Dual white painted stripes, GTS-R canards, GTS-R roof vent. Custom “Bubble” hood (original hood included). Under nose airflow modification. Custom gas cap.
Interior: Aftermarket radio/speakers, 5-point racing harnesses, Wideband A/F ratio gauge, modified dash vents. Custom storage compartment enclosure.
Tuning: Custom SCT programmed engine controller. Will include SCT Pro-Racer tuning software and flash programmer. Great option to have!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I was hoping this would be different then the FB groups 😆 At least i'm not getting the cringy whimsical cult vibe i get there. I can handle a few "Here's the deal son.." comments if it means finding a car. I will gladly be your "idiot" who buys a car that needs work, drives it, puts $ into it/fixes it over time, and is happy as a clam while doing it.. This is not an investment for me.i'm not looking for anything perfect that will sit in a garage forever and only see daylight when traded among collectors.. im not demanding an ROI. I'm not the type of person who wouldn't rather burn their car to the ground, before selling for $1k less than it's worth.. I just want a car i can drive and enjoy, so dont act like i'm the entitled type, because of my price range.. shitty sellers will rip people off whether it's a $30k car or $100k car. My understanding of prices is based off Sold listing on BAT, Ebay, and (confirmed) sold fb listings, offerup listings, craigslist. There's certainly a disconnect between listing prices vs sold for as well. Im no mechanic, but not a complete newb. Viper wil sit next to my pro street Falcon. And yes, of course you'd budget for problems/repairs after buying a car like that..its standard practice for buying any used car, really. It's not like this is a DD guys lol. Maybe this isn't where I find my type of car/seller.. Who knows. I'm staying positive 👍 Thanks for any help!

So this Falcon you speak of? Like a COOL Falcon? '64 Sprint or anything?

Me loves old Falcons, a gasser even better!

·
Gone Nomad
6,299 Posts
That’s an awesome car.

I love a well done falcon. Have seen a few restomods that are awesome as well.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You need to post pics of your build. I’d like to see the single throttle body setup.

Also any post build results

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oregon plates and looking to buy a Viper. What, do you have a death wish? Maybe we were to easy on you and really need to ramp things up...

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,691 Posts
Oregon plates and looking to buy a Viper. What, do you have a death wish? Maybe we were to easy on you and really need to ramp things up...
Don't let Trick find out there's man-buns and white sunglasses in this thread!

·
Gone Nomad
6,299 Posts
Good for you. That’s a great color and the ACR is a nice benefit.

remember to check the date code on the tires. Chances are they’re old and plasticky.

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,691 Posts
You could measure that fascia to hood gap in MILES. Congrats!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts