Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I don't mean to sound to blunt, but I'm a partner in a small television production company in LA - we pay the rent by producing television shows, but also create motor related DVDs for the home video market because - well basically we're really into engines and great design, etc. ( www.gearheaddvds.com - if you're interested) and I was hoping someone might be able to help me, We're currently investigating the possibility of producing a documentary on the "history of the Viper" for the home DVD market and I was curious if a product like that exsisted already and if it does, if someone might be kind enough to point in the right direction. Haven't had much luck find one so far.

If there aren't any documentaries on the "history of the viper" out - would anyone be interested in a documentary on the subject? If you would be, what would you want to see / hear that you haven't felt like you've gotten close enough to before? Are you more interested in the mechanics or the drive or the design? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Dylan Weiss
Gearhead DVDs

·
Registered
51 Posts
A Video is available from Duke Marketing Ltd, I have a copy it is very good, and covers everything up to 1998, when the video was released, (I have copied some details and attached them below)... Personally I would welcome a DVD with full detail of everything from the original concept through to the current models in production, with as much detail as is possible, and I am sure many other owners and enthusiasts would agree... I hope this is of help but let me know if I can assist further.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viper

Duke Marketing Ltd
Release Date: 14 September, 1998
Classification: Exempt

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank (VHS): 20,823

Edition Details:
• PAL format
• PAL
• ASIN: B00004CX4S
• Catalogue Number: DM3159

Synopsis
The story of the Dodge Viper from it's conception and initial showing at the 1989 Detroit Motor Show. Includes racing footage and the Viper factory.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Lots of Vipers track and drag. ViperDays (road race) is gearing up and the V-10 Nationals (drags) have three more events this year. You could make a show out of both venues.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
I think a production...done in the same fashion as those "Victory By Design" shows would be sweet.

A complete history...from the first concept to the SRT-10, with focus on both street and race Vipers.

I would buy 5 copies...keep 1 and give the rest out as gifts.

·
Registered
318 Posts
American Muscle Car did a show on Viper that I put on DVD. I've done a VCD of past club events that turned out pretty nice. I agree
with Toby and Jay...I'd buy multiple copies.

DN

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I would buy multiple copies as well... especially if my Viper and I are featured on this DVD!! /images/graemlins/smiles

Attachments

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
oh shit THor, that's funny! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. I'm curious, and I know this is a bit of a general question, but as a group do you think that Viper owners would be more interested in a strickly historical doc or something more derived from a racing angle?

Thanks again,

Dylan
www.gearheaddvds.com

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
I think that you should talk to Tom Welch (ViperJedi, here) about refreshing his "How to drag race your Viper" video. You could broaden it to include other makes. He is a very good driver and good instructor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts