Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got back to the track and finally hit 10's, first hit was 10.999 lol then 10.935, 10.97, 10.95 thing runs great.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very nice numbers! 10s in a Challenger are expensive, but you got there and backed it up. What's the full slip numbers?

I never got mine past 11.3x @ 118. Ran out of money and desire to go faster once the Camaros started getting there way cheaper.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Very nice numbers! 10s in a Challenger are expensive, but you got there and backed it up. What's the full slip numbers?

I never got mine past 11.3x @ 118. Ran out of money and desire to go faster once the Camaros started getting there way cheaper.
I really haven't spent that much on it honestly, got a couple good deals on the way.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
1,542 Posts
Let me know if any of you charger guys need new brake pads.

I have a couple sets of Hawk HPS pads for challenger/charger SRT8 and regular.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Been a while since I have been to this thread.

I melted one drop in piston on the 392, so I upgraded to a PWR 426.

Took it to Challengerfest in Bowling Green this weekend and hit a best of [email protected], she is making some steam. Drove 1550 miles round trip, took 3rd in index and had a blast.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Those are solid numbers for challenger. Pretty interesting thread I just traded my 09 srt8 challenger. Vortech supercharger with conservative tune putting down 500rwhp. Car was a blast but have always wanted to get a Viper so made the decision to make the switch.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
here is a pic
Nice car. I almost bought a Viper, probably will someday. I like taking the 3 kids out for a romp once in a while, picked them up from school yesterday in the Challenger, can't do that in a Viper.

·
Registered
94 Posts
LOL Yea I hear you. My first kid is on the way and my wife was like "the challenger has a back seat why get rid of that?" I told her do you really want to put in and take out a car seat out of that back seat. I always wanted a viper since I was a little kid so I had to do it before it got too late. I have a lifted jk wrangler that is my daily that is fun to drive so that is my family ride for now. Also as a side note I plan on building a 1970 charger so the new challenger old charger would be too much alike so figured the charger viper combo would look better in the garage.

·
Premium Member
7,967 Posts
Been a while since I have been to this thread.

I melted one drop in piston on the 392, so I upgraded to a PWR 426.

Took it to Challengerfest in Bowling Green this weekend and hit a best of [email protected], she is making some steam. Drove 1550 miles round trip, took 3rd in index and had a blast.
Do you have a rundown of all of your upgrades?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Do you have a rundown of all of your upgrades?
Forgot about this thread.

PWR 426 with a custom grind VVT cam. D1 Procharger running about 12 psi, Procharger Red Race vavle, PSI valve springs, 17% ATI OD damper, SHR Viking NAG1, 2800 stall ProTorque converter, 3.73 getrag (putting 3.06 back in soon). -8 fuel line, Arrington dual fuel hat. I think that is all.

Had some kr on my last dyno run and tune, still need to find the kr source but my tuner figured out a way so I wasn't running -16 degrees timing at WOT.

Just did a dyno run at a local car show and the first and best pull was 716 rwhp.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sweet numbers man.. I have a challenger SRT8 and a Kenne bell charger SRT8.. I swear about every 6mths I think about selling the charger and getting a viper

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sweet numbers man.. I have a challenger SRT8 and a Kenne bell charger SRT8.. I swear about every 6mths I think about selling the charger and getting a viper
Do it!!! Having two srt8s you can afford to get rid of one and not miss it too much. I miss some things about the challenger but the viper is just on another level. Those kenne bell blowers put down some serious power though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2016 Hellcat - it scary quick and will force you to pay attenetion and show respect. A
fool in a Hellcat will soon have their car and themselves wrapped around some immoveable roadway object...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts