Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
haven't done anything with it yet, but the nice weather is upon us now....time to start breaking some hearts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
08 First Edition:

Vortech supercharger @ 9 PSI. 566 at the wheels on a Dynojet. 535 at the wheels on a Dyno Dynamics. Does 11.3x at shitty drag strips on street legal drag radials.

Does OK for what I ask of it. Wish it would sell. Been trying to get rid of it for over two years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDzF9vqL0SY]Matt Snoddy 2008 SRT8 Dodge Challenger DCX Depot Tuned - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wanted to bump this for those with the 392 that are running boost.

I busted 6 out of 8 ring lands on my pistons. Turns out, there are quite a few 392's that are busting ring lands. Different tuners, different superchargers, seems the 11:1 compression and the thin ring lands are a recipe for disaster.

Car is currently getting Mahle drop in pistons and upgrade to D1, getting it back in a couple weeks looking for 650 rwhp.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Had a TorRed 08 Charger SRT, traded that in for a then new '11 Chally 392/6spd "Green w/Envy edition". Threw some wheels and some power adders on. Fun car
Funny, I had an 09 HO SRT, traded for 11 GWE 392. But as much as I enjoyed both (though strangely, I had more fun in the 09), I really wanted a Viper again. When I came across the 08 SSG coupe for sale nearby, it was an easy decision.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Funny, I had an 09 HO SRT, traded for 11 GWE 392. But as much as I enjoyed both (though strangely, I had more fun in the 09), I really wanted a Viper again. When I came across the 08 SSG coupe for sale nearby, it was an easy decision.
Same here. Challenger is fun, but not Viper fun.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I'd have an R/T version in my stable if the interior, dash, and steering wheel didn't look like some thing out of a mid-80's Chrysler K-car.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yea, my car was done last Saturday, picked it up in Ft. Lauderdale and went to Palm Beach raceway on Sunday for a Mopar event. DA was high compared to the last time I ran, so no new PB. Dyno was 615/620 I believe.

Here is a video someone got for me, I am left lane.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg67PXs5cho]Great White Hype 392 Procharged Challenger - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2012 Challenger R/T that is my daily driver and my viper is just my weekend ride. I thought about getting the SRT but I bought the SRT Magnum and the SRT Ram so this time I made the more practical choice. I like it . I did get the standard trans too , so that makes it a little more fun to drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, my car was done last Saturday, picked it up in Ft. Lauderdale and went to Palm Beach raceway on Sunday for a Mopar event. DA was high compared to the last time I ran, so no new PB. Dyno was 615/620 I believe.

Some nice numbers Alan. Does it feel any different now, since rebuilt?

:)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts