Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you guys that have been around awhile may recognise the handle, it was the plate on my GTS. Great to see some familiar faces at San Antonio Raceway today and meet a few legends that don't get to Texas often enough. Impressive times and tight machines. Good to see some kick ass bolt on for the SRT out there. Still haven't tasted a street SRT, mucho thanks to Mark "The Big Cheese" for taking me for a few splash laps in his Comp Coupe a couple of weeks back at TMS during Viper Days Finals.

Is it my imagination or are the cars faster as well as more reliable than just a year or two back? Times were good today and there wasn't much in the way of breakage.

Paul

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
The cars are MUCH faster than two years ago. In 2001, When Albert Chlouber ran a 9.98, that was a big deal, him being like the ninth person to ever do it in a Viper. Now nines are common--and these aren't pure drag cars (although they have been tweaked for drag racing). Amazing times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Albert has always been fast and I don't think you could kill either his car or GTS Dean's. The punishment those cars take and still go like stink simply amazes.

Very cool to see Jason's location as Austin on his avatar. I met him a week after I stacked my GTS. I'd never seen the guy before and he gives me a present, a toy GTS that he had beaten the piss out of on his office floor with a hammer. The thing was near as f-ked up as my own car after I wrecked it. Gotta love a guy like that.

Good to hear from you Eric, I see you at 360/Spicewood every once and awhile. Did I miss you at the track?

Damn, time to pick up another ride...

And my compliments to the builder and moderators of this board. Very fine.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Welcome Paul. I met you yesterday at the track. You were one of the people that was always extremely helpful when I first bought my car (7+ years ago). Yep - you probably need to get another car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark, so that was you?! I didn't put it together. Great that I had the chance to meet you, I always wanted to since I saw your San Jose address. Damn, people came in from all over. So that's why I live in Texas, cheap dirt makes for lots of race tracks. Still, I wouldn't mind 10 large up front winding up the hills out of Santa Cruz on 17 once in awhile. Especially when you get to womp those Horsemeat and Bull logo cars driven by guys wearing Mr. T Starter sets around their necks that seem to infest my old digs in Woodside.

Very cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.